Review of The Case of the Stolen Goddess

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Onyinyechi Obi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-obi.html
Latest Review: De facto Pathfinder by CW3 Cesare Giannetti, US Army (Ret)

Review of The Case of the Stolen Goddess

Post by Onyinyechi Obi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Case of the Stolen Goddess" by john amos.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Life is a whirlwind of adventures, and adventure is truly an integral part of life. The Case of the Stolen Goddess by John Amos is a mystery and suspense novel that unravels the journey of two detectives and their adventures.

Thomas Pettigrew and Flinders Petrie were Oxford-trained detectives. They decided to start a detective agency together. They got their first breakthrough after they found Cleopatra’s tomb, and they became very famous. They got various gigs and detective jobs, and life was generally pleasurable. However, a lot changed when they were hired to find a missing statue, which was stolen by very dangerous and powerful people. They discovered that the case was more than just a petty theft, and blood began to spill. In this new adventure, Pettigrew and Flinders must surmount dangerous odds and undergo difficult experiences in their new quest.

I completely enjoyed the story. The book was set in the early days, and I really enjoyed learning about their lifestyle. I also loved the vivid imaginative abilities of the author in bringing the characters to life. I particularly loved how the thoughts of one of the main characters were written, which made it easy to understand the character. There were so few short poems sprinkled in the story, which made it more fun. I totally enjoyed the descriptions of places, which made the book more interesting and educational. I really enjoyed the story.

I do not dislike anything about the book. Although there were a few words that I did not understand, they helped me improve my vocabulary. The book was flawlessly written and had no errors, which made it a seamless read. The storyline was equally beautiful and captivating.

I rate this book five out of five stars for its captivating and beautifully written story. The book was expertly edited, and I found no grammatical or spelling errors while reading it. I wholeheartedly recommend this book for individuals interested in learning about early times and mythology. I also highly recommend this book for individuals looking for an interesting suspense and mystery novel. This is a very beautiful and interesting read.

The Case of the Stolen Goddess
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Areena David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Areena David »

These novels present complex puzzles that must be solved, encouraging readers to actively engage in understanding facts and solving mysteries alongside the detectives. The main characters typically stand out with their exceptional intelligence and ability for deep analysis, making them intriguing because they face challenges in innovative and unconventional ways.

Overall, I find that novels combining literary aspects, clever puzzles, and thrilling adventures offer an enjoyable and exciting reading experience, and they are always at the top of my reading list.

Greetings to you for such an excellent choice!
Sandre Lamar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Sandre Lamar »

“The Case of the Stolen Goddess" by John Amos captures this essence perfectly. With Oxford-trained detectives, thrilling twists, and vivid settings, it's a captivating journey through mystery and suspense.
Slippy Spectrum
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slippy-spectrum.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Slippy Spectrum »

Hey there, I read your review of "The Case of the Stolen Goddess" and it sounds like a real page-turner! I loved how you described the vivid imagery and the interesting characters brought to life by the author. Your enthusiasm for the story really shines through. Based on your review, I'd say this book is definitely a good read, especially for fans of suspense and mystery novels. Your rating of five out of five stars speaks volumes about the book's quality. I'll definitely be adding this to my reading list. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Complex relationships, felt real and relatable.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”