Official Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cherrykarl
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 39">Broken Prince</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 664
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrykarl.html

Re: Official Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by cherrykarl »

This book sounds interesting. I remember the movie In Time w/ this book but have a more deeper concept of how you choose your destiny or how you want your life would be.
Peculiar. Unique. Extraordinairé | Philippians 4:13
JusRee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jusree.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by JusRee »

A very interesting suspenful book, those different points of view about the gun and those little jokes that makes you laugh a little and not lose interest very amazing.
Sally_Heart
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-heart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sally_Heart »

Final Notice makes an interesting read even to those not interested in science fiction.
Miss_BeckyG
Currently Reading: Behind Broken Glass Walls
Bookshelf Size: 1129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-beckyg.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Miss_BeckyG »

I really want to read the book now that I've read your fabulous review. Gun ownership is a sensitive issue and that being highlighted in the book gives the reader something to think about. I don't know what I would do if I knew how much time I had left to live. Quite thought provoking this book.
“ Ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace." Spirit says "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place." ”
Marianne Williamson
Tpop
Currently Reading: An Obstinate Vanity
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tpop.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Tpop »

This book sounds very thought provoking. I am not sure I would want to know my ‘departure’ date. But I would be interested to read how the characters handle it.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
rusyalana
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 156

Post by rusyalana »

The book sounds like a pretty exciting one. It will be interesting to read about people's reaction at their final notices.
tsf4
Currently Reading: Darkwalker on Moonshae
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tsf4.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by tsf4 »

Very intriguing book, especially in these times where guns and their effects are massively debated. I like how the author keeps surprising the reader and keeps the plot simple - sometimes these kind of "thrillers" are great to read!
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
powergirl
Currently Reading: The One
Bookshelf Size: 59

Post by powergirl »

If I can have a such device who tell me what decision is better for me, or tell when I will die I would be happy.
"To be or not to be that's the question" William Shakespeare
MaryIamMueni
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 56

Post by MaryIamMueni »

Very interesting. The book is excellent.Great review.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Wow! Today's thought-provoking #BOTD really sounds intriguing! Knowing when your time is up is something I think I would like to know, believe it or not. For the sake of my loved ones, being able to say good-bye and one last "I love you," would be so important to us all. Sadly, some do not get the chance to share their thoughts, feelings, and last words with those they care about and have spent their life with. :-( The added element of surprise and suspense with those who use their last days for revenge, makes this a must-read! I definitely think Final Notice is going to make its way up those charts today! Thanks for the great review, and Van Fleisher, congratulations!
Happy Bunny
Currently Reading: Not Without My Sister
Bookshelf Size: 39

Post by Happy Bunny »

Thanks for your review! Guns such a controversial topic in the USA. I've often been intrigued about what people would do if we knew the exact time we would die. But I never thought about things like attempting to do harm to others as there would be no consequence. I can't wait to find out the author's views on everything!
jwalker73
Currently Reading: The Good Mother
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jwalker73.html
Latest Review: The Truth About Parallel Lines by Jill D. Block

Post by jwalker73 »

This book sounds like it has a great plot. I was initially deterred by the cover, as I do not like guns, but your review has shown me that this novel would probably suit my taste since it addresses the controversial issue of gun control.
Maulyne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maulyne.html
Latest Review: Small Change by Keddie Hughes

Post by Maulyne »

Like the review.A device that tells you when you are to die by giving a notice can actuaslly pose positive and negative consequences. Positive to thosewho give out to charity and negative in terms of revenge and gun ownership.would love reading the book
K_Robinson
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-robinson.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by K_Robinson »

I agree with the ending of your review. I am pro-gun ownership and after reading the sample of this book I was completly put off by the anti-gun bias. I felt the author made senior citizens seem like incompetant idiots who are easily convinced by a simple ad or news article and the NRA to be a bunch of bumbling baboons taking advantage of senior citizens by manipulating them with discounts. If the author would have written a book about this cool gadget (which sounds like an interesting idea) and excluded their personal belief that people should not own guns I would probably read this book. THank you for the review!
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
jedreid
Currently Reading: Going Gone
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jedreid.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by jedreid »

"a story that will stay with the readers"
sounds like a really amazing read! good job on the review!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”