Official Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
h1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by h1st »

The fact that the book presents the current critical issue of gun ownership using the science fiction genre makes it an interesting read. Although I found the conversations of the characters a bit "movie-script"-ish, the way the story unfolded kept me intrigued. Your review made me decide to consider it as one book worth my time.
Joseph Weru
Currently Reading: Son of fate

Post by Joseph Weru »

FINAL NOTICE BY VAN FLEISHER
In Fleisher's Final Notice, after critical reading we get or come up with a question that is so crucial to say, what would you do if you were only left with a week to live? The question requires one to think so hard but as per my perception i think someone would just tense till the day itself.
The title of the book 'Final Notice' is so enticing in that one just gets the urge to know what the notice really is. A notice on death of a person is a thing that in the real world cannot happen. it is only the supreme being,God who knows one death date. The author has really brought up the theme of superstition so unwittingly.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

Hmmm, a device that tells me when my time is up? Do I really wanna know that? At the same time, it seems like useful information to help one prepare for the inevitable. Honestly, the dilemma is over the roof! Kudos to the author for achieving such a thought provoking piece of work.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
TIGER999
Currently Reading: The Haunting of Winchester Mansion Omnibus
Bookshelf Size: 146

Post by TIGER999 »

Very timely for these troubled times. Discussions & explorations of solutions is so important right now. Thanks for an interesting review!
Mabsr
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Mabsr »

What an interesting book. Am always amazed by writers with such imagination that you wonder what really goes on in people's minds. I loved the book by simply reading your preview. am definitely going to read it. I do not know what my emotions would be like to know am left with a few days or hours, but I guess it would be very interesting. Thank you.
Jimlykes
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Jimlykes »

Its quite intriguing.i love it.
Najbaal
Currently Reading: Searching For Paradise
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-najbaal.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by Najbaal »

Great review. The book sounds intriguing although a device that predicts death is something I wouldn't want to have. I hope to read it soon
Leonidas Ndeta
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonidas-ndeta.html

Post by Leonidas Ndeta »

Wow. This is a great review. A device that can tell me when my time will be up is just amazing. I can imagine how people can panic or some prepare themselves happily. I will definitely read the book. It is great.
esthernn
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by esthernn »

Quite interesting, I really doubt I'd love to have the slightest knowledge of my last respect. Quite intriguing, guns and thoughts not on my side though. This is a must read and I've got to read and shelve a copy. Perfect review.
Atiqjutt321

Post by Atiqjutt321 »

It seems quite interesting but future can only be predict. I will read this this book to enjoy some amazing stories.

-- 17 Nov 2017, 00:44 --

It seems quite interesting but future can only be predict. I will read this this book to enjoy some amazing stories.

Mrs shiumara
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrs-shiumara.html

Post by Mrs shiumara »

oh! that is definitely a thriller. An amazing review and I am gonna read the book, as soon as possible
esthernn
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by esthernn »

I'll definitely get a copy.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

I can see Van Fleisher exhibited his page - turning abilities in this novel and it seems full of suspense. I won't miss reading it.
baley
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2633">The Boy who Lived with Ghosts</a>
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by baley »

gorgeous review. The book has good story of an invention, where i like inventing also.thanks to Doctors.
Butch Acuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butch-acuna.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Butch Acuna »

Thank you for this opportunity, I agree that the book Final Notice and its topics on guns, death and violence spawned by fear were interwoven so creatively which builds up suspense in such an scale that readers are forced to skip pages in order to learn the outcome ASAP. Allow me to connect these story elements that were beautifully played up by the author to historical facts: GUNS- Some of the character acquired weapons to protect themselves, in Southern Philippines warfare has been ongoing for over 100 years due proliferation of weapons in Sabah adjacent Mindanao Malaysian authorities banned ownership of firearms among the Muslim majority residents, Sabah has been peaceful since Malaysia took over. FEAR - Insecurity due the possibility of untimely death forced some of the characters in Final Notice to commit violent acts in the same manner the fear of communism embroiled the U.S. to meddle in the Vietnam causing over 1,000,000 Vietnamese and over 50,000 Americans killed, it is therefore commendable for the author to weave this timely topics to create a suspenseful thriller while inducing readers to fully understand the implications of gun ownership and the violence that it may bring while being entertained by the concept of the story.

-- 20 Nov 2017, 21:28 --

My apologies I forgot to interject an statement of an Israeli official which is very timely and related to the subject of The Final Notice, he said, " If the Palestinians will lay down their arms tomorrow, other will no more war, if Israel will did arm tomorrow, there will be no more Israel."

Basically, it means to arm or not to arm?

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”