Official Review: Murder in Memory by Mike Thorne

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kelvok2014
Currently Reading: Murder in Memory
Bookshelf Size: 33
2024 Reading Goal: 726
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Official Review: Murder in Memory by Mike Thorne

Post by kelvok2014 »

This book sounds like a fantastic thriller that keeps the reader guessing throughout. A killer uses hypnosis to plant memories of murder he committed in other's head. I love psychological thrillers, but the concept of using hypnosis was different than anything I had ever read. I love the murder mystery.
mayaellenson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayaellenson.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by mayaellenson »

Thank you for sharing your review on Murder in Memory by Mike Thorne. Even though the plot suspenseful, to my opinion, the ruse with planting memories looks rather hackneyed. I appreciate what you wrote about the weak finale as well. I got the picture.
ccrews0408
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccrews0408.html
Latest Review: From Hill Town to Strieby by Margo Lee Williams

Post by ccrews0408 »

Sounds like a great book; however, the ending does sound discouraging. I'll have to think this one over. Great review!!
raeryn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raeryn.html
Latest Review: The Prize by Geoffrey M Cooper

Post by raeryn »

Not generally my cup of tea, but this looks fascinating! A little wary about the ending, but I'll give this a try.
steviexlouise
Favorite Book: Love, Aubrey
Currently Reading: Randy Love...at your service
Bookshelf Size: 216
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steviexlouise.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole
Reading Device: B071JNRK1V

Post by steviexlouise »

Oooh, sounds intriguing! I watch a lot of murder orientated programs and this books sounds up my street, the review gives me the creeps a little though as I suffer from Chronic Daily Headaches and Migraines (have done for the past 7 years) but as far as I'm aware I'm not a murderer. Regardless to knowing who the killer is very early on, I still suspect that there will be a lot of space for guessing or conspiracy theories in my mind as I read, so therefor this book is going on my 'want to read' bookshelf. I am definitely a Nancy Drew as they say, I hope I can get my hands on a copy of this book and see how I interpret the storyline, plot and character connections.
sharowshah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by sharowshah »

Re: official review murder in memory by Mike Thorne
by sharowshah

The book is awesome i love crime books, from the moment i start reading i couldn't stop till the very end. i enjoyed the book so much it's easy detailed and moreso informative though a little bit of of suspense. i really want to thank the author .
tirzahhawkins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by tirzahhawkins »

It's great when an author can tell you who "did it" at the beginning and still keep the book interesting. I've read too many books though that have disappointing endings to want to willingly read another.
salbs
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salbs.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by salbs »

Having read the sample I was looking forward to reading this book... and was surprised when the reviewer revealed the murderer!!!! Having read on in the review I guess I was just before the reveal in the book, and was greatly relieved. The sample I read and this review sound like this will be fascinating.
Kipngeno Isaiah Bena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56

Post by Kipngeno Isaiah Bena »

wow it is the most interesting story.

Dr. Andrews has been suffering from terrible headaches for quite some time, and he uses murder to assuage his pain. Afraid he'll get caught, he uses hypnosis to plant memories in his patient's mind so the hapless professor, Jon, will think he committed the murders
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

I agree that it is very unusual yet a great plot device to tell the identity of the murderer early on in a book. I look forward to reading this book, it is such an interesting m.o. for the murderer to hypnotize and convince others with false memories that they committed the murders.
Jamasenu
Favorite Author: Valerie Wilson Wesley
Currently Reading: Change Your Thinking Transform Your Life: 21 Truths to Renew Your Mind in Christ
Bookshelf Size: 1547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamasenu.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 125603

Post by Jamasenu »

This killer seems to have been able to commit the perfect murder. As usual there's an error he made along the way that will provide some indication that there is more to the story than what meets the eye. As much as I love this genre, I'm going to pass on this one.
To survive, you must tell stories.
― Umberto Eco, The Island of the Day Before
dtb
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtb.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dtb »

The idea that someone could plant a false memory in another person is terrifying. Thank you for a great review.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

‪I’m not a huge fan of mystery books, but I’m willing to check out the sample with an open mind. ‬
FayJac
Currently Reading: Begin Again
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fayjac.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by FayJac »

I like crime stories but am saddened by the fact you didn't like the ending to this book. Giving away the person "who did it" doesn't bother me either and can lead to an intriguing story. Planting false memories in someone else is an interesting idea, however, I'm not sure I'll read this one.
Karencantley1
Favorite Book: The Prize
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karencantley1.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Post by Karencantley1 »

I was hooked after reading the sample, and your review confirmed that this is a book I would enjoy. What a shame that the ending was so disappointing!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”