Official Review: Murder in Memory by Mike Thorne

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
speedie
Currently Reading: Asymptote
Bookshelf Size: 34

Re: Official Review: Murder in Memory by Mike Thorne

Post by speedie »

love your review. Now I want to read the book to find out the ending.
Chitopogi
Currently Reading: the marvelous adventures of gwendolyn gray
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitopogi.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Chitopogi »

Sounds like a detective story with a twist. The culprit was known from the beginning pages. But I can't wait to learn the how, why and when he will get caught. Will definitely read this. :tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown:
Emie Cuevas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emie-cuevas.html
Latest Review: Trumpism: A Cultural Psycho-Genesis by Michel Valentin

Post by Emie Cuevas »

Looks as if the author has come up with the perfect way to get away with murder. Or has he? Excellent premise for a book. Can't wait to read it.
Whether you Think you can,
or you Think you can't,
You are Right

Napoleon Hill
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Thanks for the informative review! It really drew me in. I read a the sample and I don't think the murderer's name was mentioned. I'm shocked that it's Jon's therapist. Poor guy...I can't even imagine the cruelty in such betrayal of trust. The plot seems super engaging but this book seems too "mature" for me and the violence in the beginning was quite disturbing.
DEBUELLA
Currently Reading: Leto
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by DEBUELLA »

Though this is not typically in my "regular" genre it sounds interesting. I think the outing of the "bad guy" as it is put, may turn the book into more of a study in human behavior. This probably is what lends to the potentially "bad" ending being not quite so bad (I haven't read it yet so I really don't know what exactly led to the negative score) but more of a "not everything is going to wind up perfect" type of feel.

I think I might just check this out, though it wouldn't be at the top of my list of "to be read" books.
tariq sparrow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by tariq sparrow »

Actually, I've fell in love with this book, great psychological murder mystery, the plot unfolds in fascinating ways, the character development is also excellent well entertaining, such a quick read,and the concept of one person planting memories to another made me go crrazy, well played till the end..also the rev up ☝☝ is great.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

That sucks about the ending, but I'm still intrigued enough by the fact that the killer is revealed early on to read this when I get the time. I have such a hard time finding these sorts of books that actually surprise me anymore, so hopefully this one will fix that. Thank you for the thorough and honest review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
vinodsai
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 299

Post by vinodsai »

Fabulous Review. Dr. Andrews suffers from terrible headaches and he uses murders to satisfy his pain. To escape from these murders he uses hypnosis to plant memories in his patient's mind. What happens when someone plants fake memories in your mind and let you think you committed murders? Interesting Concept.
Sindhu Srinath
Currently Reading: Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sindhu-srinath.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

This is a very fresh idea. Congrats on the review. I definitely would like to read about tampering with someone's mind.
Afuglsan
Currently Reading: The Masked City
Bookshelf Size: 5445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afuglsan.html
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Post by Afuglsan »

I definitely don't like this book. I hate murder mysteries; they give me nightmares. Plus, I've read books where shrinks turn out to be the bad guys. Not original.
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo
manavroy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by manavroy »

Wow! The plot sounds interesting. The idea of implanting the memories of murder in the minds of the patients is at once attracting. I am really excited to know how the whole story unfolds.
Gracie777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracie777.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Gracie777 »

Murder in Memory by Mike Thorne feels very much like a book I would really enjoy, especially the part about hypnosis and psychology, those are topics I always enjoy diving into, the drama about the affair would be an added twist for me. I hope while reading it I will overlook the less than ending and just enjoy the flow of the book. The giveaway of the villain, that is, Dr. Andrews, earlier on in the book will not lessen the experience for me. Thank you for your fantastic review.
brenda1992
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda1992.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by brenda1992 »

I like books that keep me guessing and give me options so as to also play detective along the way. Otherwise great review.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I'm thoroughly intrigued by a book where we know the killer up front. Fresh concept! However, I do hate when the ending lets me down. Still, according to your review, I think it's worth a read. Maybe there will be a sequel. It's amazing what some authors can do by spinning the story to create a new twist in a sequel. Thanks for your insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Great review. This sounds like a good mystery even though you know who the killer is.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”