Official Review: Murder in Memory by Mike Thorne

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
philipshan
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 4

Re: Official Review: Murder in Memory by Mike Thorne

Post by philipshan »

It's such interesting beginning with kind of suspense discovering later that it's a dream, a nightmare.This made me curious to get into the pages and finally i got the whole story.
philipshan
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by philipshan »

It's such interesting beginning with kind of suspense discovering later that it's a dream, a nightmare.This made me curious to get into the pages and finally i got the whole story.
Zatch P
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Zatch P »

I only read through the sample myself at first. It seemed interesting, but it's lucky I decided to check this review first. A bad ending doesn't necessarily ruin a book, but it sounds like this ending is enough that it's not worth buying.
reader44ever
Currently Reading: Locke & Key
Bookshelf Size: 1052
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader44ever.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by reader44ever »

This book sounds pretty good to me, and I very much enjoyed the Amazon sample. Thank you also for a great review! I think I'll actually put this book on my TBR.

I'm a little concerned about the ending. But since you mentioned that it's a twist, and that this twist just wasn't for you, maybe I'll enjoy this story more?

I'll hope so, because a killer who uses hypnosis to plant his memories into others. . . I am very much looking forward to finding out how the police stop him!
Criisek9
Currently Reading:

Post by Criisek9 »

Its an eye catcher, mystery, crime, I had to stop myself from reading ahead. I did not want to miss out on anything that I can possibly miss. The kind of reading that only brings nothing but questions that keep popping in my head anxiously wanting to read more to find the answers.
tdw81199
Currently Reading:

Post by tdw81199 »

I only read the free preview but this review made me want to read the "Murder in Memory" even more so. I did not fully understand the role of Jon, but after reading this I am interested in seeing how he manages to cope with not only the death of one of his students but also how he is being framed for her death. What I really found interesting with the preview was the introduction of what seems to be small characters. Those of Rob Anders or Millie seem like they could be expanded on but I would be satisfied if the author left their point of view at jut a few paragraphs. As for the ending the review did not make it clear whether it was disappointing due to loose ends of plot or an ending that was not desired. Either way I am highly considering reading the rest of the book.
Lade_96
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Lade_96 »

I must say MsTri's summary/review of the book makes me feel like i have read the book though i am yet to. Being an avid reader of mystery novels myself i can say that with the lack of a climax mentioned in her review though it isn't a spoiler has given me insight as to what may have ended the book. i really love the idea of revealing the killer right from the onset and not allowing the secondary characters role be insignificant. it is definitely going to be a must read for me.
Marichuy Johnson 98

Post by Marichuy Johnson 98 »

It is a perfect story and especially I who likes detective staff.the author really showed some skills in revealing the killer before the end and that's awesome.but also I think if u had given it a twist at the end would have been better.
nadzcabs
Currently Reading: The Crimson Heirlooms
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by nadzcabs »

Murder in Memory has a very eery storyline that can captivate any crime thriller loving book reader with its crime solving mysteries and suspense where everybody is a suspect of murder. This book should keep you on the edge of your seat as the tries to find out who is the real criminal in this book. Thumbs up to Mike Thorne for writing this book.
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

Too bad about the ending, that's what I hate too, when the ending is somewhat lacking. However the plot of the story seems intriguing, the way you describe it. Thanks for your review!
Rosebella
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: Queen takes Queen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosebella.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Rosebella »

What? A psychologist who plants fake memories in his patient's mind to cover his own acts. Sounds like an amazing story. I wonder what it was about the ending that you didn't like. :eusa-think: I guess I have to read it to figure that out. Good review.it :techie-reference:
Books are a uniquely portable magic.
–Stephen King

There is no friend as loyal as a book.
–Ernest Hemingway

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
–Mason Cooley
:tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :D
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

Every time I come across this title I have to recheck whether it is on my reading list and if I own it haha. I love the whole idea of it and see it being in the same tone as my favorite murder mystery books. I can't refuse a book with a unique take on a killers modus operandi.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

Dr. Andrews is the biggest character of the story in this book because he does a great action to make the story complete. He does murder to save himself from the headaches but he them poses Professor Jhonson to be responsible for this murder by imparting the thinkings of murder done by him in his mind. He does all these actions by using the technique of hypnosis and tries to save himself from the blame.
Kashosi
Currently Reading: Gringo
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kashosi.html
Latest Review: Real Secrets Of Life by Krishna Jagarnath

Post by Kashosi »

Wow i am feeling to devour the book already, i like crime stories though i haven't read much so this one seems great and good of a read
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

Thank you for the great review. I just finished reading this book and really enjoyed it.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”