Official Review: Murder at Broadcast Park by Bill L. Evans

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Zhian007
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Murder at Broadcast Park by Bill L. Evans

Post by Zhian007 »

If this book was already finished, it's not good enough. It feels like someone leave you without saying goodbye.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

Awesome review. Your introduction was perfect. It hooked me immediately. I love a fast-paced novel, but it's quite unfortunate the story loses steam before the end. I might still give this a try though.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
kate_nguyen
Currently Reading: Alexis Zorba
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-nguyen.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by kate_nguyen »

I might give it a try eventhough the book goes downhill and the killer is predicable. Can anyone tell me is the subplot really out of context?
readinggirl410

Post by readinggirl410 »

The sample pages made this book seem like it would be worth reading. I'm saddened that your review tells us otherwise. I might still attempt reading it though. I am curious as to what the sub plot you mentioned could be.
Mo_ItsRenny
Currently Reading: Birthright
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by Mo_ItsRenny »

Thanks for the review. It's a good thing you warned us about the downfall of the part. I actually thought I would really enjoy the book to the end but anyways I would still like to read it.
NeonKay
Favorite Book: Guradian of Deceit
Currently Reading: The 11.05 Murders
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neonkay.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by NeonKay »

I agree that crime novels usually have to maintain the intensity of the situations when it began to start in a page and a psychological factor does matter the most in this case. I feel a bit disappointed too when you described how the book loses its rhythm. Thanks for this review. I loved it.
There's nothing else more exciting than making a rough place your comfort zone. :wink: --kc fernandez
WillowStarSerenity
Currently Reading: Loved
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willowstarserenity.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by WillowStarSerenity »

I was reading into this book and I was like wow! This type of book is right up my alley. I've been getting into more crime type novels lately. I'm a little concerned about the review I read saying it started out strong but progressively got really bad. Despite the review, I still plan to give the book a fair shot. It seems like just the type of book I'd get into. And at least I can say that with the review I was warned if it turns out to be true.
TheWriteAngel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thewriteangel.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by TheWriteAngel »

Thanks for an honest review! I like that the book offers an insight into the media industry.
Peris Migwi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Peris Migwi »

The sample pages are great, it leaves one in suspense, i want to read more to know who is the murder, and generally what happens in newsroom.
iansmith 570
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by iansmith 570 »

introduction of the book leaves you with the enthusiasm to want more information about the book... main question arises why was Johnson in the office late in the night..what happened to Jesse Anderson...who is the murderer of Jesse Anderson.
mohmoh
Currently Reading: Beneath An Outback Sky
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by mohmoh »

The sample I just read is thrilling and it caught my whole attention, I would love to read the book thou the comments I read here are discouraging but trust me I will dig it up. :D
Joseph79

Post by Joseph79 »

This a thrilling and scary account which John experienced first day at work and in my own opinion its also an obligation at him to start to investigate and found out what really inspired and who was behind this violent act at the station, however this is an interesting story to read as to keep any person reading it a double thought of this misery of unsolved murder at Broadcasting Station.
Baba Thoust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baba-thoust.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Baba Thoust »

The author seems to have intended that the reader gets to know the killer halway through the book. Could this mean he didn't intend for the book to convey mystery?
Rie Sheridan Rose
Currently Reading: The Bookseller's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rie-sheridan-rose.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Reading Device: B07536MYBQ

Post by Rie Sheridan Rose »

I came to read the review first because I hadn't seen such a low score on anything yet, but it definitely sounds deserved. I may still read it to see where it goes wrong and analyze how it could have been fixed as I try to learn mystery structure. :)
Shayde47
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shayde47.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Shayde47 »

Hi I've just finished reading a different crime thriller that was brilliantly written throughout. I am definitely going to give this one a go, just to see how it measures up. I will let you know how it goes. Thank you for the detailed review though, it certainly got my interest and I know maybe not to keep my hopes up that I'll enjoy it all the way through. However I will approach it with an open mind.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”