Official Review: Murder at Broadcast Park by Bill L. Evans

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Afuglsan
Currently Reading: The Masked City
Bookshelf Size: 5445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afuglsan.html
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Re: Official Review: Murder at Broadcast Park by Bill L. Evans

Post by Afuglsan »

I didn't like the sample. I felt like the author was writing for himself and ended up not connecting the readers to the character or the story.
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo
JeriTrice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeritrice.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by JeriTrice »

The beginning of the review had me all fired up to read the book. When reality hit towards the end, I’m glad to know I didn’t spend the time reading. Thanks !
Sapphire11
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sapphire11 »

:tiphat:
This story was very enjoyable to read. The story grabbed my attention after the first paragraph. I don`t usually read murder mystery during the winter months but this one could change my mind.
:techie-studyingbrown:
Piano7
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Piano7 »

I guess I don’t understand why an author would be so convincing of his leading story in the beginning and then to have it miserably fail? I would like to perhaps read the entire book to see for myself because I do believe that not everybody reads into books the same way. Maybe I would find it differently after reading it to the end. Perhaps I will read it and do my own review... but thanks for the time spent on a very thorough review of the book.
dkimutai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by dkimutai »

its opening is great,gives out a clear picture on what is to come and promises is huge way of excitement waiting for readers out there.Good one
Meddil

Post by Meddil »

I read the preview and became very hooked. However, I am glad that I read your review. It seems that the book was quick to grab you, but then fell short. I am going to pass on this one now. Thank you so much for your detailed review.
Joy2thenations
Currently Reading: A Ton of Gold
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy2thenations.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Joy2thenations »

Since this isn’t my preferred genre, I think I’ll give this book a pass. Too many great books out there to let a frustrating one take up space.
Choihyesoo0315
Currently Reading:

Post by Choihyesoo0315 »

The book title itself already got my attention, I've been a fan of investigative stories. Reading the preview of the book made me think and wander how the investigators will be able to unlock the mystery behind the crime scene. I think the author already got me-plain words and main point has been established. Im wanting more on this book so I would love to read the whole story :)
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

The book really did seem to have a good start and was pretty engaging. It's too bad that it became so predictable and easy to figure out. In a way I don't usually like when the mystery keeps getting dragged on unnecessarily but it's true that you don't want to reveal everything too quickly. There needs to be a balance. Thanks a lot for the review.
Haute_Coffee
Currently Reading: Pimp
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haute-coffee.html
Latest Review: A Stone of Hope by Janet S. Kleinman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Haute_Coffee »

I would say this book would interest me because of the setting. I was a journalism major and worked in media for awhile. But I like really character- driven stories and it bothers me if there’s no good character development.

Thanks for the review.
MissMarie71
Currently Reading: Bloodchild
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-missmarie71.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by MissMarie71 »

I feel like this has the potential for being a really good mystery, but there was something that nagged at me as I was reading it - there were way too many POV slips throughout. If a specific part of a chapter is focused on John, we can't know what Tracy was chuckling at, because John doesn't. We would just know she chuckled. If you're going to have multiple POV's in a chapter, they need to be separated by the asterisks, as you did in the first chapter. Also, you may want to research how a news station would handle a death at their station, as just coming out and saying "A body was found..etc" I'm not sure how they would do it, but a bit of research should be able to tell you. Good luck!
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Murder at Broadcast Park by Bill L. Evans', gives a comprehensive view of the book, to the readers! It analyses the book from all angles. The reviewer well points out towards the strength of the book at first, about the crime prevalent in media!
VictoriaMcMillen
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriamcmillen.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Soldier by Adriene Odom

Post by VictoriaMcMillen »

Upon reading the sample pages, I was really wanting to read the book. Now reading your review, I do not think I will waste my time. Thanks for the review!
~Victoria M.L. McMillen

"You can, you should, and if you are brave enough to start, you will." Stephen King
Wigner7812

Post by Wigner7812 »

I thought the book had a good solid plot. It has the potential to be a real page turner. Hwowver, I feel there might be too many characters introduced in the first few pages. I cannot keep them all straight. Other than that, I a interested to see how it fills out.
AbbyGNelson
Currently Reading: Heir to the Empire
Bookshelf Size: 839
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbygnelson.html
Latest Review: Asa's Gift by Isaac Green

Post by AbbyGNelson »

Based on the review, I'm not very interested in this particular novel. I'm not a huge fan of crime novels, and it sounds like the excitement diminishes after the initial thrill.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”