Review by RoxyNash -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
RoxyNash
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxynash.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Review by RoxyNash -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by RoxyNash »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The 11.05 murders by Brian O'Hare is a thrilling and suspense novel which surrounds two murders occurring on consecutive Tuesdays at the same time. Sergeant Denise Stewart who had just earned herself a promotion was now tasked along with the members of the team led by Inspector Sheehan to solve these murders.  

The case proved very daunting the team had several angles to work based on clues gathered and persons of interest, especially involving the first murder. Sergeant Stewart however, soon found herself the center of the murder mystery as she discovered that she had a stalker who had managed to injure a member of the team twice. She was also contacted by a mystery informant who seemed to know a lot about the case.

With clues gathered by at the crime scene and clues she was given by her mystery informant; she was lead to a very prestigious university in connection to a rape that had taken place some years back. There, Sergeant Stewart managed to find a third potential victim. The team now had the task of catching the killer and saving this potential victim as they had an idea of the time the killer will strike, hence they came up with a plan to catch the killer in action. Unfortunately the killer was always one step ahead of them. He managed to kill the third man under police watch and left the scene unseen. With a killer on the loose, the team became panic-stricken as they soon discovered that Sergeant Stewart was missing but acting on a shocking revelation made by Inspector Sheehan, the team was now racing against time to save Sergeant Stewart from a frightening ordeal and to catch a killer.

I love this book as it kept my mind buzzing with expectancy and suspense. This book is great entertainment for persons like myself who loves a good suspense thriller and for those who likes to solve mysteries. In reading this book I felt as though I was apart of the team, especially when the team went through details of the crime in their crime room.  It wasn't an open and shut case as some books would easily lead you to a killer. You really had to think and try to put the pieces together.

To be honest I have nothing to say that was my least favourite about this book.  I may have had to look up a few words but all that does is widen your vocabulary and introduce you to how different cultures phrases things.

I rate The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare 4 out of 4 stars as the book is well structured and laid out, each chapter flows perfectly into each other. It also gave me a chance to read and imagine outside of the usual American setting.  The plot also was well thought of, it had me wondering if the author was at some point a detective or apart of the police force.  I can definitely see this book becoming a movie.

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like RoxyNash's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I have always liked detective stories. Nancy Drew and Sherlock Holmes were early favorites. Now I follow Dave Robicheaux, Lucas Davenport and Virgil Flowers, and Kinsey Millhone.

This book is right up my alley. Inspector Sheehan may just be my next favorite detective.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”