Review of Code Name Viper

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
R Chinaza Onwuka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-chinaza-onwuka.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Review of Code Name Viper

Post by R Chinaza Onwuka »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Code Name Viper" by Gareth Thoms.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Jim Atkins, a CIA officer, scrambles to evacuate Princess Farah and her son Amir from Tehran. News has just broken of the supreme extremist leader, Ayatollah, flying into the city. Jim and Amir barely made it to the safe house with their lives, as the Ayatollah's followers make leaving impossible.

Years later, Amir, now a grown man, works as a mole for the CIA. Ayatollah is revered as a godlike figure; his word is law. Ayatollah and the clerics, along with militants, believed in the Mahdi leading them to Jerusalem.His vision? To conquer the world and impose his rule. He and the clerics employ brutal methods to achieve their goals, leaving a trail of war, suicide bombings, assassinations, and manipulated oil prices.

Hadi, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, recognizes Ayatollah's actions as cancerous and disastrous. He knows he must act, but he needs to forge strategic alliances carefully.

His first move is to reach out to Crown Prince Baz bin Saud (BbS) of Saudi Arabia. BbS's own family plotted to take his throne and even his life. But the prince outsmarted them, planting Lieutenant Colonel Saeed, commander of the Saudi Armed Forces, as a spy within his uncle Faisal's circle. With intel from Saeed, BbS bids his time, formulating his own plans.

Meanwhile, Amir, determined to defeat Ayatollah, seeks an alliance with "The Player's Club." This brainchild of Dara and Jim unites BbS, Dara Lysenko (Israel's chief spy), and Jim Atkins (now a CIA director). Together, they devise a plan—one that could have catastrophic consequences if it fails.

Gareth Thoms crafts a masterpiece with Code Name Viper. From the captivating title to the meticulously woven details of events and characters, everything is meticulously crafted. The mysterious title drew me in, and the book did not disappoint. Thoms masterfully divides the book into three parts ("Conspiracy," "Mother of Emp Weapons," and "Conflict"), even indicating locations before each chapter for clarity. He also seamlessly transitions between different scenarios within chapters.

Code Name Viper excels in character development. Each character boasts a distinct voice, personality, and set of behaviors. Despite the large cast, none blur together. As a crime thriller enthusiast, I rarely find plot twists surprising. However, the revelation about Amir and Hadi genuinely caught me off guard.

The book even expands your knowledge. It's safe to say this book boosted my knowledge base. It offers valuable information and survival tips, including the unofficial CIA motto: "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." Thoms's vivid descriptions allow you to effortlessly visualize each scene. The one that particularly stuck with me was the image of someone's ear hanging by a single piece of cartilage. It left me convinced this book deserves a movie adaptation.

Code Name Viper is demonstrably well-researched and grounded in reality. I found no grammatical errors, and I like everything about the book, especially the satisfying ending for Angel and Bear. For these reasons, I wholeheartedly recommend Code Name Viper with a 5 out of 5 star rating. Fans of action thrillers and strategic maneuvering will find this book particularly enjoyable.

Code Name Viper
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Naushin Moledina
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Seduction and Securities of a Billionaire by Hadley Jayne
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 28%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

You have flawlessly explained the base story without giving spoilers. I appreciate the great review of this book given by you. Thank you.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Loner Pen
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loner-pen.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Loner Pen »

Wow, this review of "Code Name Viper" is outstanding! It's clear that the book is a captivating thriller, with a well-crafted plot and intriguing characters. The reviewer praises the author's attention to detail and character development, as well as the surprising plot twists. They also mention that the book expands your knowledge and offers valuable information. Overall, the review strongly recommends "Code Name Viper" as a must-read for fans of action thrillers and strategic maneuvering. I can't wait to dive into this exciting book myself! Authentic voice, felt genuine and relatable.
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 95
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

This book sounds like a good book. Crime thriller is my favorite so I am sure to enjoy the bpok . Well done on your review
Be yourself and nothing less

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”