Review by Chuks Daniel -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chuks Daniel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chuks-daniel.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Review by Chuks Daniel -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Chuks Daniel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you have always wished to read a novel that will grab your full attention and grip you with suspense and hunger to know the next swing of the action,then look no further because the novel I will discuss below has what you are looking for.

Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole is an adventurous fiction novel with a blend of fantasy and the supernatural.It is the first book in the World of Fire Trilogy.When the quiet mountain town of Raven's Peak is confronted by evil, Abigail Dressler who is trained to fight demons is called upon to discover the origin of the evil that has tormented the people in the form of insanity.Abigail who also has a personal mission to rescue her mento, Arthur who has been taken and tortured by demons, is faced with a demonic threat she has never encountered before and is engulfed in a battle for survival.

Abigail rescues a young man Haalim Arison a graduate of theology from a dangerous fate before she discovers that Haalim has a family legacy in the supernatural world which is unknown to him. In a bid to protect Haalim, Abigail has to not only make him her sidekick but needs to repose some trust in him.Can Abigail and Haatim overcome the demonic cause of the town's insanity?

The author showed a great skill of creating continuous suspense while at the same time having the reader hooked with inquisition and curiosity.The characters in the novel are strong and are portrayed in their respective unique and distinct attributes.Abigail is a very strong,adventurous and fearless female character whose role as a saviour was made possible by those attributes.Haalim on his part is a character the reader will initially take as weak but Abigail's discovery of his uniqueness turns around that initial impression.Plot is fast paced and develops in a free flowing pattern with the actions.

There are a few word omissions in the novel though they are not too obvious to interfere with the fast pace of the story I will give them a consideration in my rating.I rate this novel 3 out of 4 stars because it is what any lover of adventures and fantasy will be glad to come across,well told story with corresponding sense of suspense and curiosity.Except the few word omissions, this is a perfect work of fiction.

Overall, I immensely enjoyed this novel and I will highly recommend it for the srong willed and lovers of adventure.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Chuks Daniel's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”