Official Review: The Everett Exorcism by Lincoln Cole

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Re: Official Review: The Everett Exorcism by Lincoln Cole

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

I had read Raven's Peak, and I guess the chracter that makes appearance in this book is Arthur. I had loved his chracter, but there wasn't much of him in Raven's Peak. This book has my interest to find out more about his backstory.
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

Lincoln Cole I'd say is one of my go to authors. I have downloaded many of his books and really enjoyed reading them.
Excellent review on today's book of the day.
Vermont Reviews
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

The book sounds well written. I'm glad that you enjoyed reading it. Congrats to the author on the 4/4 review.
Linnea Tanner
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading: Shadow of the Raven (Book I of Sons of Kings trilogy)
Bookshelf Size: 354

Post by Linnea Tanner »

Thank you for the in-depth review of the The Everett Exorcism by Lincoln Cole. It sounds like an interesting story because Niccolo is trained in exorcism but doesn't really believe demons roam the earth. This grabbed my interest because I met a person trained by the Vatican who helps displaced souls journey to the other side, but had only been involved in one exorcism. The goal was to save the soul as people are most likely to die who are possessed. Thus, I'm curious as to how the author approaches this.
Lonika Isaac
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lonika Isaac »

The novel is so enjoyable ,,as father Niccolo is called out to town to look for demonic ...
It's so tricky to the guy
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Really good review. I'm not familiar with the author but from what you have said I can't wait to get into this one. I love a good horror novel and this sounds like it would be my kind of book. I'll have to look into more books by Lincoln Cole if I like this one.
chrystalheart
Currently Reading: Fire and fury
Bookshelf Size: 725
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystalheart.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by chrystalheart »

I am a big fan of the horror genre. I automatically was excited that I could download and read the full book. I was disappointed when I started reading. I often found the language to be awkward and grammatically unsound. That won't keep me from reading it, but it is a little jarring. Also, the priest is a real downer. He is very critical of everything around him. Although many people have this characteristic, it doesn't bode well for a man embarking on a quest to cast off a demon using his faith and priestly spirit. This priest seems very flawed. Also, as page one has the priest whimpering under the stairs, I felt he was a bit of a wimp. Perhaps if he hadn't whimpered until page 3 and the mood had already been set, I wouldn't have been as hard on him. I'm looking forward to seeing if the rest of the book improves on the beginning.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

Incredible story with inciteful characters who drove the entire story. I loved the book and appreciated the well-written onlinebook.org review.
Afuglsan
Currently Reading: The Masked City
Bookshelf Size: 5445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afuglsan.html
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Post by Afuglsan »

I love this author's work. I can't wait to read this book. I think Cole gives such a unique spin to something that has become pop culture.
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo
sztjane
Currently Reading: Bad Choices Make Good Stories
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sztjane.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by sztjane »

Thank you for a great review CataclysmicKnight on The Everett Exorcism. I love horror books and have not read one in awhile. The prologue has you tightening your muscles. Makes me wonder when Father His solo did ask the Vatican for an experience priest in exorcism, I am sure I will find out soon enough. Thanks to the author.
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

I love what you wrote about the book and that you enjoyed it. However I am not a fan of horror anything, so I am afraid I will not be reading this book.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I'm an avid horror reader so I get that feeling all the time. (If you ever want some recommendations in the genre, let me know). I've been wanting to get my hands on this book. It sounds like a good one and now I'm curious about that character from the other series. Thanks for your insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
crashdnt
Currently Reading: The Cuban Affair
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crashdnt.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by crashdnt »

Thank you for the great review. Your description really made the book sound interesting, even though I'm not a fan of demonology. I found the first few pages true to your review, tense and frightening. I got through the prologue with heart racing and determined this book is too scary for me. Wish I could have stuck it out to get to know the characters.
Texas_Jazz2016
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 7394">Into the Fire</a>
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-texas-jazz2016.html

Post by Texas_Jazz2016 »

Great review. I read the sample and liked how the book started out tense immediately. This sounds like a book I would enjoy reading and plan to finish reading the book at a later time.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one. George RR Martin
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Having read Ravens Peak by the same author, I think I will like this one. Especially the action part. Great review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”