Official Review: Srepska by Lucas Sterling

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Re: Official Review: Srepska by Lucas Sterling

Post by Bluecobia »

Thanks
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

An international spy/crime thriller about a cyber attack that targets cells in Kenya, rending financial transactions useless sounds frightfully realistic. I agree with you that This story could be right out of today’s headlines. I am not a fan of the genre, but I am glad it kept you interested. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
IsabelMay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3761
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabelmay.html
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller

Post by IsabelMay »

I love spy thrillers, but I'm curious about the title. I'm a bit confused why the reviewer constantly misspelled it, writing serpska instead of srepska...

As they mentioned, it's a name of a crime organization, but I'd like to know if it comes from (or is inspired by) a real language. The storyline doesn't seem too original, but at least it's fast-paced and clean (without sex scenes), so I'd like to read it.
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

Wow! A book that involves a possible political and financial disaster that many people know can happen and fear some day will happen. Im glad I came across your review. Cheers!!!
thelittlelibrary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thelittlelibrary.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by thelittlelibrary »

This sounds like it really could happen today! I'd like to look out for this because it sounds really exciting! Thank you for this review its great!
Strangerthanfiction
Currently Reading: Night Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 304
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strangerthanfiction.html

Post by Strangerthanfiction »

Great review. This book sounds like a great crime spy thriller full of action and suspense. The premise of the cybercrime is totally believable and very relevant to today’s world and the thought of this fiction being not at all far fetched is a bit scary. Definitely adding this book to my TBR. Thanks so much for sharing.
“You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” – Paul Sweeney
shelbyspikes
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by shelbyspikes »

The thrilling chill I got from this review is what I long for in anything I read. It sounds like this read is always to have an unexpected turn, or new adventure, which I’m excited for. These events could almost come right out of a news station today!
rusyalana
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 156

Post by rusyalana »

This sounds like a very intriguing story. Cyber-hacking is an acute problem nowadays and it will be interesting to figure out how the author develops this topic.
Damorela00
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 128

Post by Damorela00 »

For less than a dollar, you can get Serpska, a book about a criminal organization which uses the chaos of mobile network technology shutdown to steal money and funds. Furthermore, the M.C is assigned to track the cyber hackers who may be in Budapest thus setting up the storyline
Lillianhausgaard
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: B00H8VUGVC

Post by Lillianhausgaard »

Great review of Srepska and it does sound like a very interesting read if you enjoy reading books of international spy/crimes. The plot of the story does seem to fit with current events about data hacking. Even thou the reviewer gave the book 4 out of 4 stars it is not my style of book to read. I don't know I just want to ignore the possibility of cyber hackers. :D
ruchira
Currently Reading: Heartaches 2
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ruchira »

Globalization s Dark sides are reveal through this book... we have to make attention to Global Capitalism s Challenges within 100-200 Years Progress ??? This Author Must have a Bright Future !!!
Sandun
Sri Lanka
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

The book seem to have a lot action going on, this will keep the reader entertained and fixed to the book. The plot seem interesting because the authors focus on modern crimes such as cyber attacks and bank credit card fraud are common so in bringing them into light, I believe the author has fulfilled his purpose! Good review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
mindyg123
Currently Reading: Lycan Fallout
Bookshelf Size: 565
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindyg123.html

Post by mindyg123 »

I'm definitely a fan of political thrillers and throw in cyber-terrorism and I can't wait to read this. Congrats on being BOTD.
Mindyg123 :techie-studyingbrown:
Chuks Daniel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chuks-daniel.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Post by Chuks Daniel »

Elucidating review! A spy/ crime thriller about moves to stop the activities of a shadowy criminal organization will be a tonic for lovers of crime thriller. I can't wait to read it.
Chuks Daniel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chuks-daniel.html

Post by Chuks Daniel »

Elucidating review! A spy/ crime thriller about moves to stop the activities of a shadowy criminal organization will be a tonic for lovers of crime thriller. I can't wait to read it.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”