Official Review: Srepska by Lucas Sterling

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tori gathoni
Favorite Author: Michael Connelly
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 3897

Re: Official Review: Srepska by Lucas Sterling

Post by tori gathoni »

I would recommended srepska to anyone who is interested in spying and detective books
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

Cyber thrillers are so fascinating to read. This sounds awesome and very possible in today's world.
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Good review. I love a good detective novel. The crime has been done now to find out who it is. Who is Srepska and what do they want besides money? I don't know but I'm going to finish the book to find out.
mekino50

Post by mekino50 »

The book meet my standard for a spy thriller,I think the write up and scene is master class
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I think I like the idea of reading about this international crime syndicate. The thought of mass financial incapacitation is also scary.
docfatima
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19764">The Duke's Holiday</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-docfatima.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by docfatima »

Believable and thrilling plot. I'll Gladly recommend this thriller as an adventurous read.
even miracles take a little time. :angelic-blueglow:
Insomniac07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insomniac07.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Insomniac07 »

Great review, it's always interesting to read about cyber crimes, especially if it is a real possibility. Glad you like the book. I think I'll enjoy it too.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

This book sounds more realistic and at least as exciting as most blockbuster spy/mystery/thriller films out there. I especially love it starting with a country's internet access--and, in turn, their economy--cut off so that they can't even operate. Thank you for the insightful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This appears to be an amazing international crime thriller based on the excellent onlinebook.org review. I plan on reading this book and adding it to my collection.
Roselyne A Omondi

Post by Roselyne A Omondi »

Being a Kenyan I can connect with the ide that chaos would erupt if mobile phones were not able to work for a few hours let alone a few days so I was quite taken in by the introduction of the review. Most of hour payment transactions and communications are via mobile telephony even in remote areas as there is high penetration of basic mobile phones across the country.

I liked the review in that is was it covered what the reviewers liked about the book while capturing details that indicated it was a good read.

I also liked that they were fair in noting that they did come across a few grammatical errors but that was not distracting from enjoying the book which they felt was a very good read. The review makes me want to read the book for sure again and again. Well done! :D
Agawyne
Bookshelf Size: 36

Post by Agawyne »

This book is reality, I also love the fact that it has an international scope and starts from Kenya whose historical and geographical information am well versed with. Can't wait to read it
Phantom24601
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phantom24601.html
Latest Review: "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi

Post by Phantom24601 »

I'm not usually into the thriller genre but I might have to check this one out. It sounds good, and as you said, relevant. We have never been as technologically vulnerable and dependant as we are now. It's only a matter of time until someone takes advantage of that. My only concern about the book is that it's set in a place the author might not know much about. Hopefully he did his homework and it actually reads like it's set in Africa. Glad to hear there's no sex or nudity though. There is way too much of that everywhere.
Latest Review: "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi
AdeshuaVictoria1998

Post by AdeshuaVictoria1998 »

Sprespka is a crime/thriller novel that talks about international spying and cyber crime that makes you hungry for more.
Leyla
Currently Reading: Banished Threads
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Leyla »

Very informative and well written. I liked your attention to details.
Siddhi_10

Post by Siddhi_10 »

Serpska by Lucas Sterling is an amazing thriller book. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The characters in this book are so realistic that I fell in love with the main character.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”