Review by Abayomi2060 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abayomi2060
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 10
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abayomi2060.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Review by Abayomi2060 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Abayomi2060 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The 11:05 Murders is a thrilling murder mystery written by Brian O’Hare. A captivating work of fiction in the Inspector Sheehan series. The book portrays unity, love, commitment, friendship etc. In the 245 pages of the book, I was on the edge of my seat right from the first murder until I finished the book. The book is generally fast-paced and wonderfully plotted.

Woman Detective Sergeant Denise Stewart is at the station when the telephone rings and a murder is called in. The murder, committed on a Tuesday at exactly 11:05 pm, is investigated by the Serious Crimes Division of the Strandtown Police Station. However, leads were still being followed when a second murder is committed on the next Tuesday at the same time. The Serious Crimes Division, led by Chief Inspector Sheehan plunge into series of enquiries, arrests and debriefs. Sergeant Stewart followed certain a line of enquiry and she discovers who could be the third victim but will they be able to prevent the third murder and catch the murderer?

The book is written in such a way that your interest is sustained until the very last word. When I finished reading the book I was surprised that I had not heard about the author or any of his books before. The 11:05 murders is a competently written classic crime mystery novel with a plot filled with twists that keep you guessing all through the book. I had to hold back my laughter so I wouldn’t look like a mad man while reading some scenes.

What I like most about this book is the author’s writing style and his way of introducing connections among characters that make you surprised and interested. I particularly liked the prickly nature of Denise which made her conversations with certain characters very enjoyable. It seemed the book was professionally edited as I couldn’t find any error which made reading very smooth. The book was so interesting that when I was not reading the book I was constantly thinking about what would happen next and who the murderer could be. The 11:05 murders has some prequels in the Inspector Sheehan series. Although this is the first book I have read in the series, I believe the other ones would be interesting too and I would definitely read them in the nearest future.

Also, the author only developed important characters which made it easy to read. I recommend this book to murder mystery lovers and anyone who loves to read a good book because this book is definitely interesting! Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Abayomi2060's review? Post a comment saying so!

kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 528
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

Nice review. I'm glad that the book kept your attention throughout and you found the story and characters engaging.

Abayomi2060
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 10
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abayomi2060.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Abayomi2060 »

Thank you kislany

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”