Review by Abayomi2060 -- Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abayomi2060
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 10
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abayomi2060.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Review by Abayomi2060 -- Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Abayomi2060 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lemoncella Cocktail: A thrilling fictional novel written by Rene Natan follows the life of Patrick Carter, a 25 year old twelve grade drop-out as he helps bring down a criminal syndicate. The novel boasts of 333 mind-blowing pages as we follow the protagonist through sad and exciting events of which are both entertaining and made as realistic as possible.

“No, no! Don’t”, followed by a splash was enough for the exhausted and penniless Patrick Carter to come running and jump into the Ausable river to save Samantha McLeod who was battling with the strong river currents. Thus, putting him on the radar of both the weapons trafficking mafia and the task force set up by the government to annihilate them. Subsequently, he was brought into the life of the McLeods and he helped them through some life changing experiences. He continually helped the task force in its operations to bring down the mafia and there he meets the love of his life.

The novel is generally fast paced and action-packed. The author deftly carves her characters and events in such a way that you can sit back and imagine the events vividly. It’s written in such a way that the reader might know what will eventually happen but every turn of a page brings doubt to the mind of the reader. Although, there are several editing errors found in the novel, on the whole it makes a good read for action lovers with a tint of romance.

Lemoncella Cocktail portrays love, betrayal, revenge, perseverance, friendship, death etc. The story is made in such a way that with every character a theme is portrayed. The easy going and simple minded bartender/lifeguard/hero- Patrick Carter, the sweet, understanding grandmother- Jessica, the persevering, ‘die hard’ teenager- Amelia, the sweet, gentle and loving little boy whom Patrick forms a bond with- Justin, the adept Des pres and his ever-present secretary-Lucien Borodin and the revengeful, stupidly smart Oscar Calander (the main antagonist of the story) are some of the characters I liked in the novel. I enjoyed the fact that the writer only made use of important characters, almost every character in the story had a part to play in how the story turned out.

Going through the pages of Lemoncella Cocktail set in Ontario, Canada I was constantly on the lookout for the source of the title though my hunger was satisfied at the end of the book I was disappointed a little bit but I am inclined to believe it was an effort on the path of the author at uniqueness. I found myself frustrated over the silly omissions and typos in the book, some examples are ‘expect’ written in place of ‘except’, ‘plenty’ instead of ‘pretty’. For these reasons I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Rene surely tried for a wonderful plot and realistic characterization.

Lemoncella Cocktail
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Abayomi2060's review? Post a comment saying so!

Darakhshan Nazir
2017 Reading Goal: 20
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 65
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

I love novels full of mystery and thriller .
Great review
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Abayomi2060
Currently Reading:

Post by Abayomi2060 »

Darakhshan Nazir wrote:I love novels full of mystery and thriller .
Great review
Thanks

Elle Howard
2018 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 66
2017 Reading Goal: 10
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 80
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elle-howard.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Elle Howard »

Great review! This book sounds like a great read. I am adding this novel to my bookshelf. You can never have enough mystery and suspense in your life.
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
–Maya Angelou

pontiac21
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pontiac21.html
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita

Post by pontiac21 »

I just got done reading this one and i did like it. I found it to be more of an interesting read then what i have read so far.
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita

Preciosonic
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 4
2017 Reading Goal: 30
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 110
Currently Reading: Before I Wake
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Preciosonic »

Abayomi,your review is amazing, makes me want to read the book.

I read the reviews of the top level reviewers and was already having a mindset of my own,but on reading yours,I have a change of heart.Well done.
Better is not good enough but the best is yet to come. Let Love Lead.
By Prophet T.B.Joshua

Abayomi2060
Currently Reading:

Post by Abayomi2060 »

Thanks for stopping by guys

Preciosonic
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 4
2017 Reading Goal: 30
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 110
Currently Reading: Before I Wake
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Preciosonic »

Anytime
Better is not good enough but the best is yet to come. Let Love Lead.
By Prophet T.B.Joshua

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”