Review of In a New York Minute

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Warden of the Dark: The Wrath of Ira by A.D. Lewis

Review of In a New York Minute

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "In a New York Minute" by Robert Aliano.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book follows Dennis Nicoli's journey of self-discovery and adventure as he navigates through vast landscapes and encounters moments of reflection. Leaving behind city life, he finds solace in the simplicity of rural living and reunites with old friends. However, his journey is soon marred by unsettling events, including uncertainty and troubling phone calls. With Dennis Nicoli in possession of a memory stick, he and his friends faced looming threats and danger. Through covert operations and perilous missions, Dennis Nicoli and his team confronted terrorist plots, trying to protect his loved ones and ultimately finding solace in family and friendship.

In a New York Minute by Robert Aliano presents a captivating narrative filled with intrigue, danger, and moments of self-discovery. From the prologue's vivid depiction of freedom and adventure to the gripping climax, each chapter immerses readers in Dennis Nicoli's journey through a world fraught with hidden dangers and unexpected twists. Aliano deftly explores themes of loyalty, betrayal, and the complexities of modern-day espionage. As the plot unfolds, every revelation deepens the intrigue and suspense in the book.

My favorite character in the book is Gage. Gage's interactions with other characters, particularly with Dennis Nicoli, imbue the story with a rich emotional texture. His innocence, authentic displays of affection, and meaningful connections serve as a pillar of emotional resilience amidst the tumultuous events unfolding within the plot. Gage's presence infuses the storyline with moments of human connection.

The novel's fast-paced plot is another standout feature, filled with unexpected twists and turns that keep readers guessing until the very end. From high-stakes confrontations to pulse-pounding action sequences, the book delivers adrenaline-fueled excitement on every page, ensuring that readers are kept thoroughly engaged. I love the way the landscape of New York City was described, immersing readers in the sights, sounds, and sensations of the urban jungle. Whether navigating the bustling streets or delving into the city's hidden corners, the book brings the setting to life with palpable realism and authenticity.

I couldn't find any faults with the book, as it is impeccably edited and the author's writing style left me impressed. Thus, I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars. I highly recommend this book to enthusiasts of the suspense and mystery genres, particularly those who appreciate well-developed characters.

In a New York Minute
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

Aliano's masterful storytelling captivates readers from the prologue to the gripping climax, immersing them in Dennis Nicoli's world of intrigue and suspense.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Priya Murugesan »

A very good review! I love the plot of the book and will surely give it a try.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writing for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

Dennis was looking for a simple life but it seems like he got stuck with complications. His story is at the center of a suspenseful thriller with well-developed characters that is a must-read for mystery lovers and in particular for people who love stories set in New York. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”