Review by Keri wood -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Keri wood
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keri-wood.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Review by Keri wood -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Keri wood »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven’s Peak, by Lincoln Cole is a Supernatural book that has demons, possession, and lose, all of which make is a fantastic novel. When I read this novel I can visualize the scene and it feels as if I am there experiencing what the characters are going through. Through out the book you follow two main characters both of which are different in their own way. One is privy to the knowledge of the supernatural and the other has a strong connecting that he is unaware of.
As you read this novel you go on an amazing adventure of deceit and trust; life and death; and the unconditional love a daughter has for her father, a girl willing to do anything to get him back.

In this novel you have two main character and another that is very important for the story but you meet him for a short period of time in the beginning of the novel. In the beginning you find yourself with the reverend in a prison. The reverend is a man of God but he believes that he deserves to be punished for his wrong doings in his life therefore he punishes his self in the name of God. His old boss visits him asking for his help insisting he is the only one who can, his daughter is dead and so are her fellow hunters. Though hesitant he accepts her job offer leaving his cell behind to avenge his daughter. Upon his arrival of the gruesome scene he realizes that none of the dead resemble his daughter meaning he was tricked into coming out of his “retirement” with trickery. He continues on his way determined to find his daughter dead or alive he was going to find her.

After following clues he find an old abandoned town and is drawn into the only building that seems inhabitable in which he finds his daughter, possessed by a strong demon. In order to save his daughter and the children that are kidnapped as well he fights the demon; his daughter all the while internally he tries to ignore the fact that is daughter isn't his daughter anymore it's the demon within her. After an epic battle he makes a deal with the demon, his body for his daughters an offer the demon cant refuse. Once inside the reverend an internal fight begins determined to protect his daughter he traps the demon within himself and drives a knife into his chest sending him and the demon to hell.

After the reverend daughter recovers from her injuries she sets off in search of a way to bring her father back. She meets a man Haatim who she brings along for his own safety. Once they arrive at Raven’s Peak strange things begin to happen people don't seem quite right, some people are dead, and a boy has been possessed by a demon with knowledge of her father. An epic fight breaks out to save the town and bring her father back. In the end she must make a decision free her father or save the people in the town.

All in all the novel was a magnificent mix of supernatural, adventure, and the love of family. This novel keeps you on your toes making each page a mystery within its self. I think anyone interested in demons and possession will love this novel and its characters. Upon reading this novel I found that not all supernatural books need to include every supernatural being to be amazing.

In conclusion I really enjoyed this novel and its characters, a unique storyline with amazing detail and writing this author definitely knows what they are doing. As an adventurous reader I would recommend this book to everyone it's a meaningful story with just the right amount of fiction. Personally I would give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I didn't see any grammatical or spelling mistakes the story ran smoothly and had very little fluff within it. Cant wait to see where the author takes the rest of the series.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Keri wood's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Julez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julez.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Julez »

I'm glad you enjoyed this book just like I did too. Lincoln Cole is an excellent writer.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”