Official Review: The Expansion by Christoph Martin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Re: Official Review: The Expansion by Christoph Martin

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The book is interesting and I like the topic, the author has opted. The story of Max mixed with thrilling politics,spying and family feuds is awesome. The reviewer has provided a very good critique. Good job.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
MsDree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msdree.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by MsDree »

Great review. The story did seemed it'd be a great thriller story if not for the slow pace.
"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeline L'Engle
Bancroft
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bancroft.html
Latest Review: "Unshielded Past" by Patti Morelli

Post by Bancroft »

I have read this book and its amazing that it have got BOD title
Latest Review: "Unshielded Past" by Patti Morelli
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: The Witching Hour
Bookshelf Size: 3837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

It seems you're not the only one that felt it lost steam. I noticed remarks about that over on Amazon too. This really isn't my favorite type of book. I believe I read the first ten pages previously and I agree it is quite an explosive beginning. Great review!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
mikerichie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mikerichie »

"The expansion" by Christopher Martin

The first couple of chapters managed to pull me into the story very easily and I really liked the fact that I got to see Max's back story. This way you find out about his early life and also his parents. I did notice that there were numerous characters but once I got the names straight in my head it was very easy to follow and to keep up with who was who. All of the characters were intriguing and had their flaws which made them pretty realistic. I thought Karis was a great character and her part in the story made everything all the more interesting. I have to admit that I enjoyed the parts following Karis slightly more than Max. I'm guessing that in my case I just felt more of a connection to her character.

The story managed to keep my interest with plenty of intrigue and double dealings along the way. I liked the fact that there was a fairly slow build up to the main events but this definitely gave you a feel for the characters and built up a little bit of tension too. I really enjoyed learning more about Panama, especially the canal as I had pretty much zero knowledge beforehand. So it was actually fun to read about a place that I probably won't get the chance to visit. The scene is set well and for the most part my interest was kept there are a couple of slower parts where my attention may have strayed. However I was still very interested to see how everything would turn out in the end.

The Expansion is packed full of secrets, betrayals and plenty of politics to keep you intrigued!

Thank you to the authors & Rachel at Authoright for the opportunity to join the blog tour and also for my copy of the book. This is my honest and unbiased opinion.
Dhosea
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dhosea »

The story Max is related to a day to day life experience to some of the people we living with today. It shows and let us learn that not every single human being on this planet earth lives a better life than some people tend to see. Some people having been brought up in difficult situations and circumstances come up to survive any or at least most that life presents unto them.
Athena Moon
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3217">The Lovely Bones</a>
Currently Reading: The Piketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena-moon.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by Athena Moon »

I agree with previously mentioned, beginning of the story drags you in with explosive events. Psychological thriller can be as much fun as one with murders and creepy killers. Thanks for the review!
britt13
Currently Reading: the last of the really great wangdoodlea
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britt13.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by britt13 »

It is funny that while reading the review of the book I was just thinking that nothing stood out as very interesting to me and then later in the review the it is stating that is how they felt about the book! I am not saying this sounds like a bad book, just nothing jumps out at me that makes me want to read it.
Johnoscar
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Johnoscar »

This book is amazing advice the world to have at least a copy of it
Analyze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-analyze.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: Ipad

Post by Analyze »

The Expansion reviewed by Jax14 gives a slight input on the story. Definitely would consider reading it. Thanks :roll:
LeiseLibao
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by LeiseLibao »

The book does seem interesting to read at the start. Too bad the interest was not sustained. I would imagine myself being disappointed and wanting for more after reading the book.
docfatima
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19764">The Duke's Holiday</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-docfatima.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by docfatima »

Political thriller, science, engineering, mystery...a multifaceted book.... to looking forward enjoying this piece.
even miracles take a little time. :angelic-blueglow:
Cutienerdy21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cutienerdy21.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Post by Cutienerdy21 »

Great review! It was interesting at first just like you said but I get bored because the pace gets a little slow and haven’t picked it up since... I’ll try to read it again from the start and maybe it sticks to me this time
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
Shaat
Currently Reading: Rich Dad and Poor Dad
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Shaat »

I like your review and thanks for reviewing and mentioning that what should we expect form the book. I will definitely read this book
Baba Thoust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baba-thoust.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Baba Thoust »

Good review, those into government and corruption might just enjoy this.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”