Official Review: The Expansion by Christoph Martin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: The Expansion by Christoph Martin

Post by tamdlyte »

I'm not a big fan of
corporate corruption and spy thriller
types of books with huge casts of characters. But I'm sure some of my friends are! :)
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

It is a pity the book starts with a bang and slows to a point you had to read it twice to discuss it! Great review.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Glory Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43

Post by Glory Richard »

The book is kind of inspiring in terms of max’s achievement and enlightening as related to modern political activities.
Amunala
Currently Reading: Vengeance (Tip of the Spear Book 2)
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amunala.html
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch

Post by Amunala »

This was previously a book of the day. It was also the book of the year 2017. Can't wait to read it!
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch
HeatherTasker
Currently Reading: Slaughterhouse-Five
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by HeatherTasker »

Julios wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 23:26 Its really good that there were books like this
., u need a better understandinge as the story goes on
I enjoy books that require a double take as well! That's far better than being spoon fed!
Glory Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43

Post by Glory Richard »

I’m not into books but the attractive story line keeps me curious and gets me reading through to know.
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Melchi Asuma »

The relationships and their convolutions seem to be fun to read in the book. A dramatic thriller is always fascinating. I'll read it. Great review.
MA
Quithilion
Currently Reading: It's Time to Align
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quithilion.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Quithilion »

After reading this book I felt that Max was very naive! We have all seen movies and read books about how business dealings work. So it shouldn't have been a surprise that the business was carried out behind the scenes and had nothing to do with the science. I'm just glad that the best project won despite the manoeuvrings of the people who weren't bothered about the success of the project. All they wanted was to make a ton of money.

I this attitude is far too prevalent in our society. It's about time that things were done that were for the benefit of all not just the rich. Or am I too just being naive!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The story of espionage, betrayal and family feuds is an interesting one. I think, it's close to reality of today's bidding processes. Thanks for your review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
elton52
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by elton52 »

What i have read so far is fascinating. It starts with adventure into the death of Max's parents. Then it gets interesting in seeing the expansion of the panama Canal and the biding for the work.. i would love to see if alex is going to play a big part with Professor Moyle.
Bartistics_4398

Post by Bartistics_4398 »

The review captures all the major twists and turns in the book. After I read it, I got the appetite to find the book.
Marinos achilleos
Currently Reading: Do a Little Wrong
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Marinos achilleos »

First prologue was interesting, second one less and part one seemed pretty dull to me. I just read the free sample so i can't judge. Reading it twice tho? Maybe I'll find the depth in was looking for afterall :techie-studyingbrown:
patience Skylet

Post by patience Skylet »

I also had to go to through the review over again so as to get a better understanding of the book. Nice book anyway
patience Skylet

Post by patience Skylet »

I also had to go to through the review over again so as to get a better understanding of the book. Nice book anyway
Gracie777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracie777.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gracie777 »

After reading the sample, I thought this was a book I would enjoy reading. Your review has proven otherwise. I love books that have an impact on my life. The storyline loosing taste up till the end and you having to re-read the book is a good enough reason to pass this one. Thank you for your genuine review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”