Official Review: The Expansion by Christoph Martin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Re: Official Review: The Expansion by Christoph Martin

Post by Lg_99 »

Although I love reading thrillers, I can't see myself reading this story. I am just not attracted to the plot. Nonetheless, thank you for the review.
Emmanae
Currently Reading: The Power
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanae.html
Latest Review: Discover Your Thinner Self by David Medansky
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Emmanae »

Thanks for the great review. From reading the sample, I really loved the description of Edward Burns crashing the helicopter. Really chilling, in a great creepy way.   Congrats on BOTD!
speedie
Currently Reading: Asymptote
Bookshelf Size: 34

Post by speedie »

Thanks for the good review. I found the sample confusing. Not sure if I wish to read the book.
Penny Lee
Favorite Author: R. A. Salvatore
Favorite Book: The Count of Monte Cristo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 485
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-lee.html
Latest Review: The Pirate Who Was Scared of Birds by Michelle Path
fav_author_id: 8463

Post by Penny Lee »

The sample certainly started with a powerful scene to hook the reader, but it's unfortunate that the book seems slow and draggy in the middle, and only picks up again for the ending. Thanks for the honest review. The topic of the Panama Canal may grab the interest of history fans.
Littera scripta manet -- the written word remains.
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

Thanks for the review. I will surely read it.
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: The Expansion', by Christoph Martin, is a clear explanation of the story of the book.
SJSharks
Currently Reading: Unshaken
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by SJSharks »

I appreciate your review. I have only read the sample so far, but the characters just have grabbed me yet. For me, the book didn't grab me in the first couple of chapters. I can understand your review and why you gave it 3 of 4 stars.
Msyasmo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Msyasmo »

I like that you explained what to expect when reading the book. I read the sample on amazon and so far it’s pretty good. Can’t wait to read the entire book
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

Thanks for the great reveiw I think I'll pass on this one as it seems to not be to interesting in the middle and probably want keep my attention.
Glory Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43

Post by Glory Richard »

The key points(politics,murder etc) can actually make up for a more interesting mind blowing story than this but the present isn’t so bad.
Gods Monkey
Currently Reading: The Morning Mind
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gods-monkey.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Gods Monkey »

Even though the reviewer didn’t find the story captivating, I find myself wanting to read this book. Also they talk about the explosion of happenings then the lack of happenings then another explosion of happenings again, in my opinion that is what makes a good book. It isn’t a movie there should/can be more then one climatic event.
Mozee
Currently Reading:

Post by Mozee »

We wount be seeing this one at the movies then...what everyone seems to say is it lucked a motivation to hook you on...but either way, i will read it because books do fit in the diffrent strokes different folks saying. Thanks guys....
Trkhellian
Currently Reading:

Post by Trkhellian »

Thank you for your review. Ambivalent pretty much sums up my feelings as I read the sample on Amazon so I agree with you there. I felt a bit of impatience with the pacing after the explosive start and I wasn’t really sure where the author was going. Admittedly reading only a few short chapters doesn’t give one a sense of the book as a whole it does give an idea of the remainder. One of the rules by which I live is that life is too short to spend much time “trying” to enjoy any one thing. Given that, I’m not sure the book would hold my interest enough to finish.
WillowStarSerenity
Currently Reading: Loved
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willowstarserenity.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by WillowStarSerenity »

I really appreciate the pure honesty in this review. They were honest without being overly critical and mean. I like that. This book seems like it will be really interesting, but it doesn't seem like it would be a book for me. Then again, in ways, it does seem like it would be a good book for me too. I guess I'm rather on the fence about it. I could read two chapters of it and decide from there.
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

This is a story of someone brought up in a seeming disregard by fate. To start with, his parents literally left him to the care of an uncle, as though an act of betrayal because they intentionally ended their lives in spite of him, still a small child. Upon growing up he again becomes exposed to the various schemes of people in government and in business who are all in pursuit of the green buck, in total disregard of morals and decency. Thank you for your descriptive review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”