Review by Grace13 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Grace13
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace13.html
Latest Review: "Outland Exile: Book 1 of Old Men and Infidels" by W. Clark Boutwell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by Grace13 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Grace13 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The 11:05 Murders written by Brian O’Hare is a fantastic read. It is the first mystery novel that I have ever read and I must say that I will be reading more of them. I only hope that they are as good as this one was. I absolutely love that there are so many puzzles for the reader to figure out and I loved guessing who was who and was even more excited when I guessed correctly. There are twists and turns to make you second guess yourself and that is what makes this book so great.

In this book you will find that there is a series of murders occurring and all with the same M.O. They have to figure out who the murderer is before the killer makes what they believe to be the last kill. They spend large amounts of time investigating suspects and searching for all possible leads and following up on those leads. Eventually they gather enough information to where they feel the need to set up a trap using the killers last target. The problem is that only the people in on the investigation know about it but the plan takes a turn for the worst resulting in one of their own getting kidnapped and leaving them with only a short amount of time to find both the killer and the kidnapper.

I rate this book with 2 out of 4 stars. I would have liked to have seen more detail in some places to give the reader a better sense of the atmosphere and to make them feel as if they were actually there. It was good in some places but it lacked in others. Some things I would have gone about in other ways but everyone is different. There are some grammatical errors and typos which are to be expected. An example is when there is a discussion and the name was written as Turned instead of Turner. Another example is when the word “of” is omitted in trying to write “myriad of possibilities”. In some cases a sentence was structured inefficiently or in a way I found to be confusing. I didn’t give it 1 star because the story line was quite fantastic despite the amount of errors.

I believe what I liked most about the book is how the main character stuck to her guns. I admired her strong personality the author built for her. I love that there is a strong female character and how it is recognized. However, I did not care for the touch of romance. I feel like there was not enough there to build on and I feel like it developed too quickly at the wrong time given the circumstances. But even so I did still enjoy it and I look forward to reading more of this authors works.

I think that this book is great for those with love of mystery and puzzle solving. It truly is great to see how all of the pieces come together. I believe that those readers who do love a lot of detail, even sometimes unnecessary detail, would not quite find it satisfying. It was quite enjoyable and although I am one of those readers who loves a lot of detail I still found it to be a good read.

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Grace13's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Outland Exile: Book 1 of Old Men and Infidels" by W. Clark Boutwell

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”