Review by krithikagowri -- The 11.05 Murders

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
krithikagowri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krithikagowri.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by krithikagowri -- The 11.05 Murders

Post by krithikagowri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book starts with a murder that happens on a Tuesday exactly at 11:05 PM. The week after that another murder occurs the same way. The police scramble to find evidence and to prevent another murder. Detective Stewart, Detective Tom and DCI Sheehan try to solve the murder and also keep the information gathered close as they suspect a leak in the station.

Women detective Denise Stewart ( a newbie to the station) , while going through the first victim's computer ,finds an encrypted folder that has a photo of 3 men and a newspaper clipping dated 12 years back. This picks her curiosity, the newspaper clipping is an obituary of a college student who committed suicide. Stewart calls the college and finds the student was sexually molested which caused clinical depression leading to suicide. On finding this, she believes the murders and the suicide are related. Also the 2 murder victims were the ones in the photo . Now Stewart and her team must find the third man and the killer before the time is up.

I enjoyed reading the novel. It had plenty of twists and turns. The book also sheds light on the tedious work of detectives. The best part was anyone could have been the murderer. Every time I think a person as the murderer, another possible suspect shows up. The book gives importance to every character and everyone plays an equal role. If a reader observes carefully , the murderer can be found before the end of the book. As the clues to the killer lies in careful reading of the book. I don't have any complaints about the book. The book portrays each character clearly.

This book is the second installment of a series. I did not feel like I needed to have read the first book in order to enjoy The 11:05 Murders. I feel like it could be a stand alone novel in itself, but the idea of it being part of a series encourages me to find the rest of the books and read them as well.

I give The 11:05 Murders by Brian O'Hare 4 out of 4 stars. After a long time I read a good mystery that had a decent romance rather than pages of graphical sex content. Brian O'Hare spins an intriguing web of suspense with several clues as threads.. He shows how emotions play a key part in everyday life and uses them to grow the characters in this book.

The book kept me hooked till the end.I recommend this book for mystery lovers and those who love a good puzzle.I could not find any mistakes during the reading.I felt like I was part of the investigation from start to end.

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like krithikagowri's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”