Official Review: Lived One Life To Save One Life

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shreyoshi Sen
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyoshi-sen.html
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam

Official Review: Lived One Life To Save One Life

Post by Shreyoshi Sen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We all come across different problems and situations in our life which makes us the person we are. Every single moment is precious and gives us some valuable lessons of our life. There are always two directions offered by life in every difficult situation. It remains up to us whether to choose the right path, which makes our life or, the wrong path that breaks our life.

Yong Ho Nam’s Lived One Life To Save One Life is a very fascinating crime thriller. The story revolves around four people. Katie, a very brave and witty detective has been assigned her first case. Pastor Y is a God’s covenant who has a dark past responsible for making him the person he is now. Chris is a small but an active teenager who reminds Pastor Y of his own childhood days. The last one of the four is Member One, an arrogant and cunning gang member who is nothing more than a power hungry person. The lives of all these four members are interconnected in a way which again brings them face to face after many years.

The story begins when someone informs the police about a fight between two gangs that would take place somewhere around 12:30 am. Detective Katie has been given the charge to solve the case and find out the details of the fight. Though, at first, it seems to be an easy task, but with time, Katie realizes the complexities of the case given to her. Pastor Y is the last hope of Chris’s mother for bringing back Chris on the right path. He is not just a pastor but also a counselor to Chris. Looking at Chris brings back his old memories but, Pastor Y can only regret remembering those days. With the initial pages itself, it is clear that, Member one is a very cunning man and gets his work done in all possible ways. He leaves no stone unturned to get his position on the top. Chris on the other hand is an immature teenager who is on the verge of losing some very precious moments of his life due his habits. The novel got me hooked from the very first page itself and left me wondering till the end. What is the fight about? Where is the fight scheduled to take place? Who are the two gangs?

This book is quite informative as well as spiritual. The gang problems are faced in every society and mostly the teenagers get stuck with these issues. Starting from drugs to local gang wars, this book proves to be the best guide in teaching the children, the positivity one should have in life .The most important fact about the book is, it not just portrays a crime genre but gives some real life lessons too. Most of us lose faith in God when something tragic happens in our life. This novel teaches us not leave God’s hand even in the darkest phase of our life. God is always there for us and we must believe that good times will definitely come. There are instances where it is very well explained that parents play an important role in our life. We must take all the decisions of our life after thinking about our parents who took so much pain to raise us to our feet.

The best part of the novel for me is how Pastor Y connects his own life to that of Chris’s so efficiently and effectively. He guides Chris to become a good human being and change his present habits. Katie being the most enthusiastic detective manages to decode the information and reaches at the right place at the right time. The only issue I had with the story was the editing part along with some unexplained points. For example: Member one stays Member one till the last line of the book and no original name is provided out of the box. There were some minute mistakes which didn’t hinder the pace of the story. I wanted to give this book 3.5, deducting some points for the errors but it is against the guidelines. Therefore, I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 as I really loved the story and cannot give it a 3. This book can be read by people of all ages starting from childhood to old age. This book is very good for teenagers who mostly tend to take larger than life decisions in an impulse and therefore spoil their whole life.

Lived One Life To Save One Life
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Shreyoshi Sen's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam
Janicesabanpan
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Janicesabanpan »

Nice story
spreadlove
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spreadlove.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by spreadlove »

By giving such a detailed review, you really got me interested in this book. I'll be sure to check it out. Thankyou for such an amazing review!

Love,
R.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
walter7
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter7.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by walter7 »

The story reminds me where i came from same as chriss ..thanks to the author it was a nice story
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
BestReviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2">Walking In Blind: A Collection of Poetry</a>
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bestreviews.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by BestReviews »

What an engrossing review. Thank you for the review
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Interesting. I'm sure there is a reason member one stays member one. I wonder why the author did it that way. Glad you enjoyed this book, but I'm not sure it's for me. Thanks, though!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

The introduction to your review is so thought provoking! Your enjoyment of this book shines through. Thank you for the great review.
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

Very nice read! Its fascinating how the author has intertwined spirituality and crime. I am definitely going to read this one.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”