Official Review: The Disembodied by Anthony Hains

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
okayode
Currently Reading: Satan and Me and OBE
Bookshelf Size: 110

Re: Official Review: The Disembodied by Anthony Hains

Post by okayode »

I haven't read anything related to psychology in a long while.. I will definately be reading this one.
I can surely handle graphic elements .
Great review..Disembodied.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

I've not yet read this book but I can say problems of this nature needs to be tackled from both the spiritual and psychological ways. I hope after I've finished reading I'll be able to write better comments. Thanks for the review.
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

I think I could get into this book.. I like psychological books.. adding to my list of books to read..
Lourdes_Santiago19
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Lourdes_Santiago19 »

Good review. I have been reading suspense novels for quite some time. I will definitely read this one.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

This review really makes me want to read this book. It gives almost nothing away. I usually like psychological thrillers and this one sounds very interesting with the main character suffering from depersonalization and not knowing who he is. It seems like the type of book I would like. I read only a sample so far but really want to know what happens next. Thanks for your review.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

Great review. The premise of this book is interesting. I would like to know what happens to Griffin.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

I love psychological thrillers and this sounds great! Thanks for the great review I am looking forward to reading it!
Brytefyre
Currently Reading: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Brytefyre »

I find myself intrigued by this review, particularly due to the comment made on the realism of the characters. You dislike the bad guys and empathize with the main character, as one reading a book should. My curiosity is piqued by the terminology used. A realistic "bad guy" needs to have depth of character and multiple facets to their personality. I wish to know if that is the case. It makes me want to read the book, if only to satisfy that curiosity. Thank you for the review.
bookmarker23
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by bookmarker23 »

I love the little supernatural element of the story definitely worth a read. This plot is right up my alley and I would enjoy this book.
bootsie0126+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bootsie0126.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01GEW27DA

Post by bootsie0126+ »

Enjoyed your review. I love to learn about the inner workings of the human mind. I am interested in things that make a do the things that they do. Psychological issues has always an avenue that I fancy.
Chandler_Greg
Currently Reading: Beneath the Kauri Tree
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandler-greg.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Chandler_Greg »

I just read the book over the last 2 days. Your review is very solid. Personally, I was not a fan of the multiple narrators, though I understand the reasoning behind them. It just seemed a little confusing and forced. Otherwise, this was a great book, lots of twists and turns. The final revelation seemed a bit obvious, but it's not so much a revelation for the readers as for the characters. I'd never heard of depersonalization, but even from the brief write up on Wikipedia it was clear that the author knew what he was writing about (which makes sense since he's a pediatric psychologist). It makes such a difference when authors have life-knowledge to draw on. I find this, too, with lawyers or medical examiners who turn to writing crime fiction. There's just so much more confidence in the writing.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”