Review by Janien van Rooyen -- The 11.05 Murders

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Janien van Rooyen
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janien-van-rooyen.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Review by Janien van Rooyen -- The 11.05 Murders

Post by Janien van Rooyen »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sergeant Denise Steward come from a line of police officers. Wanting to follow in the footsteps of her father and grandfather she decides to join the police force. Being female, she has faced many challenges within the force as well as her private life, but none could prepare her for those awaiting her as she accepts a transfer to Strandtown's Serious Crimes department. Soon she finds herself right in the middle of a mysterious series of murders with no way out. Knowing that time is not on their side, Sergeant Steward and the members of the Serious Crimes Unit race against the clock to find the killer before he strikes again on Tuesday at 11:05pm. As they trace back an incident that happened 12 years ago, Sergeant Steward is forced to deal with her own personal demons.

The 11:05 Murders written by Brian O'Hare takes you on a journey of suspense and drama. This book is not just about murder and mystery but allows the reader to take a look into the everyday lives of its characters. The book contains everything from mystery, suspense and drama, to romance, friendships and teamwork. Add a little pinch of humour here and there and you will soon find yourself being in love by the author's imagination and use of words.

The 11:05 Murders was written in such a way that it keeps the reader in suspense regarding who the murderer is up until the last chapter. It adds to the suspense and entertainment of wanting to finish the book and leaves you dissapointed and wanting more from Sergeant Steward as you read the last page.

This book is definately one of the best I have ever read. It has all the elements needed to make a perfect read. The author describes each setting in great detail making you feel as if you were standing in the same room as the characters. The spelling, grammar and punctuation can not be faulted anywhere. Each end to a chapter litterally has you feeling like a curtain is being closed so a new day can start.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The author has an amazing writing style, he knows exactly how to keep the reader captivated and engaged. Not dissapointing the reader in a single chapter. The characters come to live with the way they are described in so much detail and the reader is able to live into this novel without any effort.

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Janien van Rooyen's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

I agree, I like the pinch of humor in the book which is refreshing for a crime mystery novel. I rated the novel two out of four stars.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”