Featured Review: The Expansion by Christoph Martin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nwanne Calista China
Currently Reading: My Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Re: Featured Review: The Expansion by Christoph Martin

Post by Nwanne Calista China »

Your review made me want to read it buh I all wait for the next one because I don't like cliff hangers
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

It's a shame about the cliffhanger as I also don't like to be kept hanging. But this does sound like an amazing book regardless. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
JOELEKURI
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by JOELEKURI »

A good storyline even though i rarely read books with this pattern of stories but only prefer to watch movies of them great.
Zera
Bookshelf Size: 30

Post by Zera »

Great review. This book sounds very thrilling. I'm not a big fan of the cliffhangers though, so I'm not sure whether to read it or not.
ThankGod B
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by ThankGod B »

the setting of the book is phenomenal and captivating. it arrest the reader from the get go. the review is beautiful and yet simply constructed. it is suitable for readers of all ages as it is quite detailed and simplistic.
Pennybutterfly8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Pennybutterfly8 »

It's very hard to get me involved especially after reading this review. Can't get past max going through what he will need is some support from his friend. Thank you Mr. Martin for this review
twizere michael
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by twizere michael »

It unfortunate that I only read the sample of the book. but all I can say that I like the language Mr Martin used in the book because It could give me the exact feelings and experiences of the characters.
i'M looking forward to finishing it after getting the whole book.
i'M sure it will be more fun in the next chapters.
Thanks So much Mr Martin.
Awad Sharar
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awad-sharar.html
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan

Post by Awad Sharar »

In The expansion, you'll find passions mixed with careers, personal aspiration with material profits, security arrangements with intelligence plans, and the beauty of landscape and the greatness of the project with some inexplicable dangers. Christoph Martin's story is interesting although the pace is mild at the beginning, but it takes its time to get speed and introduce much entertainment.
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan
Adornan
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Adornan »

I read your review after reading the free sample pages and I have to agree the exposition the author gives Max Burns is fantastic! It draws you in, it has an electric pace and compels you to feel for Max, immediately creating a bond between the author and the reader. It has definitely moved up on my list, despite my general dislike of this genre.
NikkyT
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyt.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by NikkyT »

I love your review, it sounds like the book gets really interesting may have to got on my want to read shelf
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1030
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

While this' not my kind of story, the Review was well written and I imagine it could encourage someone who may be on the fence about it.

It's also nice that the Review forewarns readers about the cliffhanger; although not a "spoiler", per se, it's nice going in to know that there will not be a definitive resolution at the end.
Mollymae
Currently Reading: Beartown
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollymae.html
Latest Review: "The Intrepid" by Jeff Tellier
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mollymae »

Thanks for the review, it was very thorough. The book sounds very interesting. I love it when there are plot twists that keep the reader guessing.
Latest Review: "The Intrepid" by Jeff Tellier
Jonathan Nason
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jonathan Nason »

The Expansion: I love the book, quite interesting and recommended for as many readers.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

I understand your point about the cliffhanger. I'm glad that you liked the book overall though. Thank you for your great review.
jhennyu
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jhennyu »

I like the book. It talks about the society and the future. It has lots of what ifs which makes the book more interesting to read.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”