Official Review: Riders On The Storm by Richard Sparacino

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vickyoreo86
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =118626">A Court of Wings and Ruin</a>
Currently Reading: The Sword of Shannara
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickyoreo86.html
Latest Review: Cover Your Tracks, Leona Leitman by C. S. Johnson

Official Review: Riders On The Storm by Richard Sparacino

Post by Vickyoreo86 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Riders On The Storm" by Richard Sparacino.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Riders on the Storm by Richard Sparacino is a supernatural Crime/Thriller that touches on religion, science, human behaviours and loyalty. Richard Sparacino has a deep interest in the human make-up and what makes us tick on a behavioural and emotional level. He has studied psychology and this shows throughout the book, giving a realistic feel to the supernatural part of the story.

Detective Santini and his partner Detective Salvo have been friends and have worked together for a very long time in New York city. They trust each other and are fiercely loyal. However, New York city is being battered by an unusual storm that is stirring uncertainty and fear into the hearts of those in and around the city. Murders, suicides and strange 'accidents' are occurring. Santini discovers he is dreaming of them before they happen. On top of this, a recurring apocalyptic dream keeps him up at night. It is exhausting him. so, deeply concerned, his partner sends him to a psychologist, believing the work he does is starting to affect him. It is not easy tracking down murderers every day. Dr Kelly Jordan studies his sleep but the dark entity that is causing all this negative emotion sees Santini as a threat and must stop him. When they realise something very real is going wrong, the three work together to go against an evil they barely believe in before it destroys the whole planet.

Riders on the Storm is a brilliant book focusing on the morals and the deep nature of human beings. An evil entity finds humankind to have the most negative emotions and reactions and has manipulated and fed off them for centuries. Accumulating it all to use in one final moment which I can not address as it is a massive spoiler.

The plot is well paced, unveiling hints at the best moments to keep the reader engrossed. There was never any fluff or conversations that were just there to fill a few pages. Everything moved the story forward at the right time. The author writes from several POVs which gave a 'film-like' feeling while reading. Every character is well developed with individual personalities and played out their roles in the book beautifully. In fact, I could imagine every scene as if it really could have made a good film.

The story takes us through the worst of mankind to the best. It deals with religion, introducing a new take on it. It weaves science through the religion, letting both exist in equal importance which I think is very important in this day and age. I believe that the ending of this book shows us how we should be as a people, as those living together on one planet. The author has poured his visons, his morals and his beliefs in to the book.

I rate Riders of the Storm a 4 out of 4 stars. It is well edited, deals with true issues in the world today and gives it a supernatural spin. One character gave such a moving speech it stirred emotions in my chest that most likely won't budge for a few days. I would recommend this book to more than crime and thriller lovers, but to those who enjoy new ideas, who like science and religion and to those who are interested in the human psyche.

Riders On The Storm
View: on Bookshelves

Like Vickyoreo86's review? Post a comment saying so!
“We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences.”
― David Gemmell
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I love that the book has a strong psychological aspect to it. It is interesting to be able to dive into the human mind. This book sounds very intriguing.

Great Review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Vickyoreo86
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =118626">A Court of Wings and Ruin</a>

Post by Vickyoreo86 »

Thank you
“We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences.”
― David Gemmell
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This really does sound like quite an interesting and unusual book. I love when you can really tell that the author has poured himself into the book. It sounds like that is the case here. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Nisma Shrestha
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Nisma Shrestha »

Such an amazing book everyone should red.
christinac_2585
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinac-2585.html
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by christinac_2585 »

Thank you for the honest review! The psychological aspect of this book sounds intriguing. I like how it discusses the morals of humans in this book. I will add this to my reading list.
"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
Vickyoreo86

Post by Vickyoreo86 »

The morals and deep look at human behavior in the world was very interesting ? thank you
― David Gemmell
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

All I could think as I read your review is about how freaked out I would be if I dreamed of murders and then they happened! How scary, it'd probably lead to insomnia.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Vickyoreo86

Post by Vickyoreo86 »

CatInTheHat wrote:All I could think as I read your review is about how freaked out I would be if I dreamed of murders and then they happened! How scary, it'd probably lead to insomnia.
Oh you hit quite close to a part of the story with that :P

My dreams are messed up enough I wouldn't want to have recurring apocalyptic ones for sure :D
― David Gemmell
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

You interested me in the book from the moment you mentioned supernatural crime/Thriller. Great review. Thanks
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

It must be interesting to read how the detective dreams up stuff before he is called to investigate similar occurrence. Thank you for this review.
Vickyoreo86

Post by Vickyoreo86 »

Rosemary Okoko wrote:It must be interesting to read how the detective dreams up stuff before he is called to investigate similar occurrence. Thank you for this review.
You are welcome ☺️
― David Gemmell
Kathy Moss
Favorite Author: A. K. Moss
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 93196

Post by Kathy Moss »

Thank you for a in depth review that intrigues a reader to want to read.
Chisabez78

Post by Chisabez78 »

This book is not just a Thriller but quite thrilling. It makes for a good reading especially as it deals also with human psychological quest to win in life's unexpected battle.
Doriswanjiru

Post by Doriswanjiru »

Such an intresting book to read im inspired...will definately add it on my book list.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”