Official Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Antares
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antares.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Re: Official Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Antares »

I almost picked this book to review and I am glad now that I didn't. While it sounds like a good read I truly prefer edge of my seat thrillers. Thanks so much for the review!!!
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Amy Baker
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-baker.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Baker »

I found the characters very likable but was annoyed and distracted by the editorial errors and way of speaking. There was some missed opportunity here for sure. There was a passage where Amelia could smell another character even after he was gone. That was so great! More of that could have elevated this book.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Subnavigation54 wrote:Pity, I liked the title...
I know! I liked the title too.

-- 26 May 2017, 13:39 --
Miriam Molina wrote:I am a big fan of thrillers but your review dampened my interest in this book. The title is captivating. Too bad the story doesn't seem to live up to it. I hope the author tries again.
I agree...it is too bad. It wasn't very exciting for me, unfortunately. I hope the author tries again, too.

-- 26 May 2017, 13:41 --
Antares wrote:I almost picked this book to review and I am glad now that I didn't. While it sounds like a good read I truly prefer edge of my seat thrillers. Thanks so much for the review!!!
I also prefer thrillers that keep on the edge of my seat. You're welcome! :)

-- 26 May 2017, 13:43 --
Amy Baker wrote:I found the characters very likable but was annoyed and distracted by the editorial errors and way of speaking. There was some missed opportunity here for sure. There was a passage where Amelia could smell another character even after he was gone. That was so great! More of that could have elevated this book.
I agree with your thoughts. This could have been so much more because the premise was definitely a strong one. Thank you so much for reading and commenting!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

This would have been a nice book of mystery because it starts with unknown people trying to drown Samantha. The mix up of the theme in the book will make it a difficult book to read. I will not read this one. Thank you for this review.
Heidi M Simone
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I agree, it would have been a good mystery, but, unfortunately, it lacked suspense and consistency. Thank you so much for reading and for sharing your thoughts, Rosemary Okoko!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”