Review by raizenagallo -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
raizenagallo
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raizenagallo.html
Latest Review: "A Case of Black Rock Mineral Water" by Simon Marshland

Review by raizenagallo -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by raizenagallo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole is one of the most exciting fantasy thrillers I've ever read. You will be seized by its charm right from the very start and it will leave you yearning to read some more. Every chapter is so action packed and if you are the kind of reader who loves fast reads, this is the book for you.

It starts off with an intriguing character in the persona of the Reverend who's been locked up in a cell specifically designed for the highly dangerous. He punishes himself for the crimes he had done against humanity until one day, he was asked to resurface and go back to the life that he abandoned several years ago to save the person who got him locked up in that cell.

Abigail is a demon hunter who wants to prove her capabilities to the Council. The loss of her mentor took a toll on her and she would not stop until she finds him and hopefully brings him back alive even when the Council forbids her to.

Haatim spent his life studying theology and religion. He was broken hearted after the death of his sister and after that, he lost his faith and stopped believing in God. Currently unemployed, he stumbled upon an interesting job offer from a sketchy man where he was asked to take pictures of a girl suspected to kill him. Though skeptical, he accepted the job with the condition that he will use the pictures for his investigative blog. Just as their contract was about to end, Haatim started to have doubts and decided to get a glimpse of his subject one last time before he gives his snapshots to his client. That night turned out to be his worst nightmare when he realized that his life was on the line.

The storyline was full of plot twists and revelations, and every chapter is a cliff-hanger. I love how every end of the chapter makes you ask what happens next. The influence of Stephen King is apparent in the story with its descriptive gory scenes and breathtaking plot twists. I liked how the lives of the characters are interweaved in the most unexpected way. I also love how the story makes you think about the strength of your faith in a way that in the story, for them to be successful on their mission depends on their faith not only to God but their faith in humanity as a whole.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I loved this book right from the very beginning until the end and I would not be surprised if this gets a movie adaptation someday. I would recommend this book to those who are a fan of Stephen King and R.L. Stine, and to those who love suspense thrillers, and stories that involve fighting demons.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like raizenagallo's review? Post a comment saying so!
Guitta Kleopatra
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by Guitta Kleopatra »

I really love horrors. It seems a good story that keeps you on tension, imagining what will come next. I will have to read it. Thanks for the review.
Romayamalik
Currently Reading: Land of Two Seas
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Romayamalik »

Horror... It is most interesting one. Most of the time people
Feels for themselves that in the past they committe mistakes
.and they try to decided punishment for themselves. As in the story
.so this is close with the reality in horrified manner..
CocoTam
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by CocoTam »

Great review - thanks so much!
raizenagallo

Post by raizenagallo »

Guitta Kleopatra wrote:I really love horrors. It seems a good story that keeps you on tension, imagining what will come next. I will have to read it. Thanks for the review.
I think this book will be perfect for you! Enjoy reading!

-- 24 May 2017, 12:56 --
Romayamalik wrote:Horror... It is most interesting one. Most of the time people
Feels for themselves that in the past they committe mistakes
.and they try to decided punishment for themselves. As in the story
.so this is close with the reality in horrified manner..
Indeed there are people who punish themselves for their mistakes. Try reading the book and you will see how close this truly is in real life.

-- 24 May 2017, 13:00 --
CocoTam wrote:Great review - thanks so much!
Glad you liked it! Read the book. I'm sure you would like it too.
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Wow, your review had an awesome flow to it. I read and reviewed this book as well and I agree with you that the idea of a movie adaptation is not far-fetched.
raizenagallo

Post by raizenagallo »

Jaime Lync wrote:Wow, your review had an awesome flow to it. I read and reviewed this book as well and I agree with you that the idea of a movie adaptation is not far-fetched.
Thanks for the kind words. Would be awesome to see the reverend on-screen right? :)
k2rugman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k2rugman.html
Latest Review: Rituals of Season by Giovanna Ess

Post by k2rugman »

I enjoyed reading this book as well! I'm interested to see what happens next. As I was reading it I kept thinking of how it would look on the big screen. I could see it happening!
raizenagallo

Post by raizenagallo »

k2rugman wrote:I enjoyed reading this book as well! I'm interested to see what happens next. As I was reading it I kept thinking of how it would look on the big screen. I could see it happening!
I just hope that if it does get the screen adaptation, it will be as good as how we, the ones who read the book, imagined it to be.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”