Official Review: Desert Hunt by K S R Menon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
masterhawk88
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-masterhawk88.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Re: Official Review: Desert Hunt by K S R Menon

Post by masterhawk88 »

After reading the review and the sample pages I I'm interested in this one. Not sure when I'll be able to pick it up though.
Through books, I have lived not just one life but thousands.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Rebecca machoka
Currently Reading: I Am Number 8
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by Rebecca machoka »

:techie-studyinggray: Its a book I find close to my heart even if its setting is in Dubai terrorism has hurt almost all of us I love the fact that the writer brings in the efforts of the gorvenment agencies trying to deal with terrorism I love it
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

First of all, great review!! To the author, congrats on book of the day! I am very interested in this read! Some espionage novels don't click well with me because they don't seem well researched at times. I think that can be said with any genre. But I am so glad that this authors background in journalism helps the novel. I love a good espionage novel!
washingtonawala
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by washingtonawala »

At first site, great review!! To the author, congrats on book of the day! I am very interested in this read! Some espionage novels don't click well with me because they don't seem well researched at times. I think that can be said with any genre. But I am so glad that this authors background in journalism helps the novel. I love a good espionage novel! Its a book I find close to my heart and even all of us love the fact that the writer brings in the efforts of the poiltical bodies trying to deal with terrorism .After reading the review and the sample pages I I'm interested in this one. Not sure when I'll be able to pick it up though.Sounds like a well-researched, accurate novel for those interested in eastern cultures and intelligence agencies.

-- 15 Jun 2017, 11:18 --

At first site, great review!! To the author, congrats on book of the day! I am very interested in this read! Some espionage novels don't click well with me because they don't seem well researched at times. I think that can be said with any genre. But I am so glad that this authors background in journalism helps the novel. I love a good espionage novel! Its a book I find close to my heart and even all of us love the fact that the writer brings in the efforts of the poiltical bodies trying to deal with terrorism .After reading the review and the sample pages I I'm interested in this one. Not sure when I'll be able to pick it up though.Sounds like a well-researched, accurate novel for those interested in eastern cultures and intelligence agencies.
Banky99

Post by Banky99 »

Iam already excited about the book the review was spot on
christinac_2585
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinac-2585.html
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by christinac_2585 »

Sounds like a great story to read especially when an author does extensive research. Thank you for your review!
"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
hailvilla18
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailvilla18.html
Latest Review: "Loving Marie" by Dawn Reno Langley

Post by hailvilla18 »

I want to compliment the author for this story sounds well-researched. Themes in this book such as terrorism and political crimes interest me because they're very realistic. Congrats on #BOTD!
Latest Review: "Loving Marie" by Dawn Reno Langley
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

DESERT HUNO BY KARL MENONIS a great story that tells different perspectives of a story. It is a great recommendation if you love great stories.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Thank you for the insightful review! A fast-paced thriller in Dubai sounds exciting. It's great that the author created well-rounded characters and that it was easy to keep track of all of them. Too bad about no strong female leads, but I'm glad that this did not affect your enjoyment of the book! Congratulations to the author for receiving such a positive review!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

Desert Hunt but K S R Menon is a great read, even though there are no strong leadership female characters.
daniandi

Post by daniandi »

"desert hunt" is a book with so much character and exposure to life in the Middle East. while changing the rules of terror was the major aim, shows that they had more plans within their belt. In this very book the author plays his card here as a vision eye telling in real time the future of the middle easterners. the sensitive perspective of a geopolitical environment that is for sure uncertain but with his heart known as an exotic location but yet so much insecurity.
Zero
Currently Reading: Wings of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by Zero »

Sounds to be an interesting and a well researched book. And of-course an amazing review. Seems to be good read.
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. -Albert Einstein
rs7658909
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by rs7658909 »

Good one. Terrorism is an unsolved headache for the whole world. Nice reviews. Added to my read list.
twinn
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twinn.html
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch

Post by twinn »

The books seems very interesting. I would love to read it very soon.I'm already loving the plots by discription. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch
Sizakele

Post by Sizakele »

Sounds very interesting and fun to read well great review

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”