Official Review: Betrayal of Faith by Mark M. Bello

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Re: Official Review: Betrayal of Faith by Mark M. Bello

Post by Jaime Lync »

Awesome review. The themes in this one are very weighty. I love books like this but I'm glad you mentioned that some people may not find this agreeable.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Jaime Lync wrote:Awesome review. The themes in this one are very weighty. I love books like this but I'm glad you mentioned that some people may not find this agreeable.
Thank you very much. Other readers may consider the subject of this book, kind of, taboo.
jerayme
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jerayme »

I am yet to understand how this works. I cannot see the pages of the books for me to read through.
Gifty Naa Akushia
Currently Reading: HEALTH TIPS, MYTHS, AND TRICKS
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gifty-naa-akushia.html
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Gifty Naa Akushia »

Such a great review by Kimmy, the review is quite vivid giving readers the mouth watering experience.
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
Eric Odhiambo
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Eric Odhiambo »

I hope it will raise the problem in the society for people to see. What a nice book, I love it.
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-benji.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Mr Benji »

This is a well written review.The summary is precise and understandable.I hope to write like this someday.
Yours sincerely,
Bok48.
Books are lovely.
Butterflybookworm
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 2392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butterflybookworm.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Butterflybookworm »

Awesome review! Sounds like a very enjoyable book. Looking forward to reading this book.
Butterflybookworm
:bookclub-square:
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Butterflybookworm wrote: 02 Apr 2018, 21:57 Awesome review! Sounds like a very enjoyable book. Looking forward to reading this book.
Thank you very much. I hope you get a chance to read it.
lbhatters
Favorite Book: Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lbhatters.html
Latest Review: Life is to Short to Waste and do Nothing by Gracie Curry Holman
Reading Device: B077WTB2LY

Post by lbhatters »

I just downloaded the book. Can't wait to get started.
:techie-studyinggray: Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
-Fransis of Assisi

It's perfectly ok to write garbage, as long as you edit brilliantly.
-C.J. Cherryh
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I can guess what happened to those two poor kids. This is an extremely sensitive topic, especially involving religion. Thank you for your descriptive review! It sounds very executing.
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
chiefsimplex
Currently Reading: A Second, Less Capable Head
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiefsimplex.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by chiefsimplex »

Impressive! I am definitely going to read this one.This sounds like a series of mysteries, one flowing into another.Some revelation every once in a while is right on point.Thanks for such a great review.
“So many books, so little time.”
― Frank Zappa
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

chiefsimplex wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 16:37 Impressive! I am definitely going to read this one.This sounds like a series of mysteries, one flowing into another.Some revelation every once in a while is right on point.Thanks for such a great review.
You're welcome and thank you for your comment. I enjoyed the book a lot.
Frisca
Favorite Book: Betrayal of Faith
Currently Reading: Quiet Mind Epic Life
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Frisca »

If it weren't from a lawyer's perspective telling the story, it probably would have been more of a tell all. Instead this story was brought to life from a perspective anyone would expect each character to act and say given the nature of the sitautions. The story begins very lightly but to the core of what needed to be addressed.

Jennifer, a widow and a mother of two boys, is faced with an unthinkable life her son's are going to have live after finding out what they have been through. As a resolution, she turns to a priest who recommends a psychiatrist for her boys' behavior. Together, their suspicion of a world known establishment could shake the nation to the core if what they believe is true. She seeks council from the lawyer who helped her get through the case of her husband's death.

Zachary a lawyer with bad luck being the only kind of luck he's had, is presented with what he hopes will save his career and his life. As Jenny takes a chance on him, he realizes that his selfish wants or needs in this matter suddenly doesn't matter anymore. He is faced with having to start from the bottom which is where he stands, and actually put effort into actual work as a lawyer he knows he has in himself. With the demands from the raw emotions Jenny expresses how important it is not only for her boys but possibly other boys if he does not do as she asked. Suddenly, he is not only facing a case of his lifetime; it is the only case in a lifetime for him to do what she asks.

A priest needs to be put away not hidden from the facts of his life. While ruining the lives of innocent boys, he is backed up by the most powerful establishment in the world. The lawyer and his client have an important mission of stopping that sick man from ruining more lives. In order to do that, they have to risk her boy's reputation, and what's far more dangerous is bringing down the reputation of the reason her boys no longer have faith. When Zach brings in his long time friend Micah to investigate, what unravels are crimes against a priest and the organization that covers up the ruining of lives by paying for silence from fear of being exposed.

The title is exactly what this book is about, as he brings each characters to life I could almost put a voice to each of them as they play their part in this emotional, exciting, excellency exhibiting the truth. I give this 4 to the most power it could get and highly recommend everyone to read this book. Especially if it could help someone understand that faith has been betrayed.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

That's really a tough subject for a novel! Sadly the story is realistic as we can see in the news that there are such cases with cover-ups. I see that a new edition was published in November 2019, but I assume that the review is still valid.
Ciao :)
Massimo
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Incredibly helpful and insightful review. Thank you for your honesty and thorough summarization of impressions! Delicate topics galore, no doubt about that.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”