Official Review: The Last Stop by Clive La Pensée

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: The Last Stop by Clive La Pensée

Post by tamdlyte »

It sounds like the main characters of this story were well written and "set" each other to show good strengths and weakness. I like when an author is driven enough to do so. I tend to enjoy stories with varied characters like this.
Pennybutterfly8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Pennybutterfly8 »

I am sure I will like to catch up on this book since it was out last year. Thanks for the review it’s an interesting book to read.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Sounds like an interesting book. Giving a strong female lead escaping from the sex industry definitely makes it hit home with today's society and the light shown on sex trade. Good review.
Brayan123
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Brayan123 »

Wonderful and fascinating review. I'm extremely enthusiastic with the author's display of maturity in story plot.
Miss_BeckyG
Currently Reading: Behind Broken Glass Walls
Bookshelf Size: 1129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-beckyg.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Miss_BeckyG »

This is one well paced book I would like to read. I am curious as to whether Jack and Maria fought off their pursuers. Great crime thriller.
“ Ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace." Spirit says "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place." ”
Marianne Williamson
ACC1507
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ACC1507 »

This book is so fascinating! I started reading it because i love crimes and affair story. Thumbs up to the author and this is a good read everyone! I love this! :techie-reference:
Mailu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailu.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Mailu »

Crime thriller have never been my cup of tea, but from the review I've read, l feel like giving this one a try. Thanks for this review.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Story plot is great. Maria's effort to come out of the sex industry with the help of Jack is intriguing. Review is great.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Martha40
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Martha40 »

I don't really like Crime thriller but
What I loved about the book was that the author gave life to a set of very strong and varied main characters.
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

This is a crime thriller with a twist on the mentor and helper being the sought-after criminal himself. The post unification era of Berlin seems a good backdrop for the story. Thank you for the very interesting review.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
Lit2018
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lit2018.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Lit2018 »

If I were Jack, I will end my connection with Maria immediately after Dmitri's bloody encounter and after knowing the whole truth about Maria's life. He already did his part by helping her..His previously peaceful life is now gone because of his choice to help Maria..He has turned into a killer and is hiding for his life from once Maria's enemies which are now also become his..His transformation is really unimaginable.
I can't believe that Berlin was as chaotic as what has been described in this story. Authorities can't be trusted to resolve problem. It will surely move someone to put the law in his own hands.
GathuaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gathuam.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by GathuaM »

Your review makes the book sound so interested. I have it in my bookshelves..will bump it up to must read. great work @ellieonline03'
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

Maria must have really loved her sister for her to go all in trouble to find her. Thanks for the great review. I really consider reading this book.
Alicia09
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia09.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Alicia09 »

I love how Jack, his wife, and Maria all ended up in the same situation together by complete accident and coincidence. I would be curious to read the book just to find out what happened to them. Even though Maria is skilled with a gun, if Dmitri was that powerful she may not have been as capable of defending herself as she wanted. I also agree that it is nice to see a man in his 60's befriend a woman in her 20's, because I don't see that combination in stories that often. This is definitely going on my to read list. Thanks!
:character-ariel:
chiefsimplex
Currently Reading: A Second, Less Capable Head
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiefsimplex.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by chiefsimplex »

This sounds interesting.Maria's flight here signify an all out war on the 'establishment' and indeed she was bound to find herself in difficulties.I could not help but notice how her circumstances are similar to those of the slave character Kunta Kinte on the movie ,Roots.Thanks for sharing.
“So many books, so little time.”
― Frank Zappa

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”