Official Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Babulal oraon
Currently Reading: Forever Twelve
Bookshelf Size: 39

Re: Official Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Babulal oraon »

The romance sounds slightly forced but, as you say that it's still a good ending, I'm sure I could push past it. Thank you for the thorough and honest review.I love a good mystery, and this one sounds better than most crime fiction because the readers are just as confused and conflicted as real-life cops would be while handling such a case. I read a portion of this book but I had a hard time with some of the subject matter. But what I did read was really well writte

-- 25 Nov 2017, 22:19 --

I reviewed it as well, and I believe that I gave it 3 stars for the same complaint that you had. I really enjoyed the story and the mystery. It was very difficult to guess who the killer was, and that part was altogether convincingThree separate murders that happen at 11:05 every Tuesday. Seems like there's a serial killer on the loose. It's definitely intriguingI hope that more books in this series come out so that i can read them. My favorite part were the characters and how realistic they were throughout the story.
sztjane
Currently Reading: Bad Choices Make Good Stories
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sztjane.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by sztjane »

Thanks for a great honest review katiesquilts, ie. There is sexual violence. A crime mystery that keeps you guessing sounds thrilling. I do not mind violence if it helps the story. I will add this to my TBR list.

Thanks Brian.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
jwalker73
Currently Reading: The Good Mother
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jwalker73.html
Latest Review: The Truth About Parallel Lines by Jill D. Block
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jwalker73 »

I love a book that keeps you guessing right to the very end. I am pleased that it is realistic in regards to the conflicting stories and information the police have as evidence. This adds to the suspense.
NerdGrace
Currently Reading: What Lies Within
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerdgrace.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by NerdGrace »

I'm on chapter 52 on this one. Very interesting book! It's a fun read and great review, btw.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

I'm a mystery fan and this book sounds totally up my alley! Will definitely check it out. Thanks for the lovely review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
mamolenz53
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by mamolenz53 »

Thanks for the informative review, this would be interesting for any mystery story lover. I think it's interesting as it shows the problems investigtors face when solving a crime. It would be a good read.
HAINGONIRINA Nadia
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by HAINGONIRINA Nadia »

Many thanks for this incredible review! and good luck for the next
violet-trey19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by violet-trey19 »

Story about crime,violence,mystery and imagination.Its a thrilling and fast paced story.Character is well developed.Sergeant Stewart is female police officer handling case of series of murder.Lots of guessing but plot is good with engaging dialogues.Good review. :shock2:
Atiqjutt321
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Atiqjutt321 »

story with with suspense are always interesting to me..... love this book... hope this will make my day...
Ganiyat Bello
Currently Reading: The Vampire Gaytooth
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ganiyat-bello.html
Latest Review: "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner

Post by Ganiyat Bello »

When I read this book, I don't think of it as a second book, because it's a great standalone book. U don't need to read the previous book to understand it. I love how the author developed the characters and especially detective Denise Stewart and her defensive attitude that was built due to the kind of treatment she received at her former place of work. I so much love the guessing in this book. This book is amazing.
Latest Review: "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner
Ireneiamabookreader
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Ireneiamabookreader »

Such an awesome crime story though it feels like so tragic for the girls but then again it was a pretty story.
Omozuafo Francis
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Omozuafo Francis »

Love this crime mystery book, always keeping the reader guessing "who did it". Am so adding the book to my must read, nice review.
Whitewave

Post by Whitewave »

I look forward to reading this novel it sounds cool. I must say based on the review, the author did a great job. If there is something i like about reading novel, it will be the suspense that comes with it. It gives u drive to keep reading to see the end. I will really like to know why the murder was committed every Tuesday by 11.05pm. The reviewer didnt report any grammatical error so the novel must really be good. Well done Brian O'Hare, i have never read any of your novels, i guess i will start doing so.
Mister June
Currently Reading: The Expansion

Post by Mister June »

Well, the book is good except it has 2 or 3 perspective views which cause reader to wonder who should be the main character here. This is like watching a TV episode with cliffhanger in each scene. Basically, it doesn't even consider as cliffhanger because those pause scene aren't that interesting. The jargon used in this series is all good. I find it quite hard to endure my curiosity of that last chapter murder too.
Ireneiamabookreader
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Ireneiamabookreader »

This crime story is so ingtriguing.I dont know the reason why the man need to do a crime with the girls.what's his motive.Therefore it was awesome story.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”