Official Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chitopogi
Currently Reading: the marvelous adventures of gwendolyn gray
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitopogi.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Chitopogi »

Nice review of a mystery detective book! The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare is a good book to read! :tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown:
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Good review. This one does keep you guessing all the way through.
Waragu Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waragu-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Waragu Samuel »

I would recommend this book to mystery fans, especially those who like to be kept guessing. I would not recommend it to readers who cannot handle a little bit of gore, sexual violence, or mentions of domestic abuse and rape.
Here i fall under the category of those who can read anything as long as it is readable. Thanks for this review.
“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.”~Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904-1991)
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295

Post by tamdlyte »

Sounds interesting. I like complex stories that keep you guessing and this one sounds like it sends you down the garden path one way before changing directions and sending you down another. I have a lot of empathy for cops and detectives trying to solve murders. It's never a straight line, always a twisted path to truth... And I think writers able to connect those dots for their readers are awesome.
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Christina Rose »

This sounds like a very interesting murder mystery. I’ve read several reviews, and I think yours is the first that mentioned this is 2nd in a series (from the reviews I’ve read). Thank you for your insightful review. I think I’ll add this to my list of books to read.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

This sounds like a good book as far as the mystery genre goes, but the review mentions some explicit content, which is unfortunate. I enjoyed watching the Mentalist and this book sounds similar, but I probably won't be reading.
OldNerd
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by OldNerd »

This sounds like a fascinating read. I like that the book is full twist of plot. Thanks for this review.
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

Very well-written review, thank you! I have been wanting to read this book for awhile, so I’m happy to see it is as good as the plot suggests. I love crime mysteries that keep you guessing until the end. Predictable plots are boring, this sounds like a lot of suspenseful fun!
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

This novel is a very interesting read. I always like books with plot full of twists and turns, this murder mystery didn't leave it out. I can't wait to read it later.
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates
Mikimo
Currently Reading: Bad Choices Make Good Stories
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by Mikimo »

Readers who love suspense and mystery would surely enjoy this book. Readers will really keep on thinking who really the murderer in the story. Congratulations on this great review.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Sounds as if the writer has done a great job in crafting a "whodunnit" that continually keeps the reader guessing. Thanks for the warning that some scenes might be distressing - I find my tolerance for these varies, depending on how well-written and plotted a book is overall.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The story of sergeant Stewart is really impressive. Readers, who are interested in detective,thrilling stories would admire it a lot. Reviewer has done a good job.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
akeseh
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akeseh.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by akeseh »

The title alone puts me off reading this book. I'm not the fun of books containing violence.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Charles Gold
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Charles Gold »

This is indeed anticipating, I am eager to read this novel, I want to really know the level of Sergeant Stewart bravery, despite the fact that she is a woman in the force. I love stories with happy ending so much, irrespective of the hardship, problems or challenges being faced. It is going to be a great lesson to learn from this novel.

-- 26 Nov 2017, 04:19 --

This is indeed anticipating, I am eager to read this novel, I want to really know the level of Sergeant Stewart bravery, despite the fact that she is a woman in the force. I love stories with happy ending so much, irrespective of the hardship, problems or challenges being faced. It is going to be a great lesson to learn from this novel.
Teehoneyc
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Teehoneyc »

I don't think i could hold on for comment, share and like.
kudos to the author of this book, ah so lovely book, really interesting, i would like to get more books, thanks for good expression.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”