Official Review: Bishop's War by Rafael Amadeus Hines

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ganesh dasari
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Bishop's War by Rafael Amadeus Hines

Post by Ganesh dasari »

Ho this is awesome

-- 12 Nov 2017, 05:05 --

Ho this is awesome
Victor musau
Currently Reading: Behind The Door
Bookshelf Size: 66

Post by Victor musau »

Great review on a book whose story line is my favourite. A book about a war veteran from the mob fighting terrorism and a wannabe president. This is a book worth reading.
abran
Currently Reading: Between the World and Me
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by abran »

When I first started reading Bishop's War it seemed cliché and grotesquely violent. This review warns about the graphic violence, but I was still unprepared for the sadistic revenge torture a few pages in. However, the review was so positive I kept reading, and at the end of the preview, I was a definitely engrossed. I'm pretty curious about what someone truly knowledgable about military, police, and gang life would say about this book. The Hollywood comparison seems really apt - like most decent Hollywood thrillers aspects of the book feel incredibly exaggerated and made-up (I think it's more noticeable because the start is so abhorrent, the later narratives build up more naturally and suspending disbelief for the book's universe gets easier), but it's also compelling. I haven't read at all many books in the genre, so it was useful to learn from that the reviewer thinks it holds up to bestselling books.
Apio Keren
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Apio Keren »

it sounds like an action packed book and very entertaining
Mehedi Parvez
Favorite Author: Mehedi Parvez
Currently Reading: Make The Dirt Fly
Bookshelf Size: 151
fav_author_id: 73470

Post by Mehedi Parvez »

Today, I have come to read this hostilities and warfare; and saw the Afghanian war, terrorists in New York, Government corruption; and ; a family crime on the wall.

A hero named ' Sqt John Bishop' sets his foot on fights ; " Too many characters I found to rub elbows with rough treates. .

" Bishop " comes with cousin and takes the rap for stopping this unexpected act. I thank him for taking the enemy under his wing.
Pangu
Currently Reading: Think & Grow Rich
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Pangu »

I like very much how complete and clear the review is
Sal the Gal
Favorite Author: Stephan von Clinkerhoffen
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 89">Stig's Flight of Encounters</a>
Currently Reading: Bishop's War
Bookshelf Size: 9
fav_author_id: 64907

Post by Sal the Gal »

I'm only part way through the book, but I totally agree with your comments. I found it fast paced, action packed, gory - loving it!
Looking forward to it being made into a movie!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”