Official Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Silvermoon
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvermoon.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Re: Official Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Silvermoon »

With the hints at the reverend's (Arthur's) obscure history and supernatural occurrences this book is intriguing. Haatim and Abigail's relationship being platonic makes it even more interesting. Your review is very well done. Nice work!
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
kenkomercy
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenkomercy.html
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman

Post by kenkomercy »

Great review. This book sounds so much like the supernatural series. Considering my love for the latter, I would love to read this book.
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
AEPrero
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by AEPrero »

I'm not a dystopian fan and also tend to put down books with too much violence. I didn't expect to get pulled into this book so quickly. The prologue piqued my interest and kept me reading. Well done!
mercy wangechi
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mercy wangechi »

Good review. Abigail is a selfless and courageous woman who is trying bring Arthur back from hell. She works for a Council as a hunter and the Council doesn't trust. I love how Abigail and Haatim interact throughout the book and I feel she was able to open up to him and by being loyal she made him gain enough strength to move on.
Right from the start, the suspense in the novel is evident, it makes you want to flip the next page to see if what you dread has happened. One thing consistent in the novel is the fact that there is a lot of evil in the world, and everyone can do something to fight it. Its a great book and congrats to the author.
Eric77
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eric77.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

Post by Eric77 »

I'm a big fan of the supernatural series. I also believe the classic good versus evil is timeless especially when put in a tantalizing tale. This book fits right into that category of tantalizing given your great review.
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
Athena Moon
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3217">The Lovely Bones</a>
Currently Reading: The Piketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena-moon.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by Athena Moon »

It's hard to say no to supernatural and the plot sounds just right to my liking. However, the male character truly sounds unlikeable, which arroused some sort of disgust for the way he acts in the story, but the rest sounds to be quite promising. Thanks for the review!
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

Thanks for the good review! I feel bad for the errors but I think it is still a really enjoyable read!
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Israel Adegboye
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-israel-adegboye.html
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris

Post by Israel Adegboye »

The book sounds interesting. I love the review.
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris
George Sparrow
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 51

Post by George Sparrow »

The mixture of religious and horror/supernatural aspects is what drove me to wish for more of this book. At the very start, we are introduced to a former Reverend, Arthur preparing for and punishing himself in a way that holds both pleasure, pain and religious zeal. This in itself is a great way to introduce Arthur as a leading character and a person of rich past we want to know more about.
Nyawera Gikaru
Currently Reading: The Worst Pet Peeve Ever
Bookshelf Size: 184

Post by Nyawera Gikaru »

This book is very interesting, have read the book was encourage everyone else to read it.
Ana Njeri
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-njeri.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ana Njeri »

While I was reading your review, I felt like I was watching a very good movie called Ravens peak. This is because your review was so beautifully written.
A ship is safe in the harbor but that's not what ships are for. So be the person outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, that's the person you want to be.
Bettychi55
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettychi55.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing

Post by Bettychi55 »

I'm glad you really enjoyed the book. Being a fan of supernaturals, I'm pretty sure I'll find this book just as appealing. What a shame grammatical errors cost the book a perfect rating. Your review is spot on.
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Damilola Oladimeji
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Damilola Oladimeji »

The review is excellent. Authur is like Dostoevsky's character in the classic crime fiction, 'Crime and Punishment.' We can see how the two of them bear the guilt of humanity and the attempt to uphold morality. But at times, evil conquer good.

This, however, leads to psychological torture and emotional imbalance leading to a sort sublimation which is one of the psychological defense mechanisms that people carried out when they do not want to be emotionally conquered. At least we all vent our frustration somewhere.
freakkshowx
Currently Reading: Last Train to Istanbul
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-freakkshowx.html
Latest Review: Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler

Post by freakkshowx »

I totally agree with you about Haatim. If he were a real person, I would be constantly wondering whether his whole "innocent" trait was really just an act, and I have a feeling it would grate on my nerves, too. I feel like the author almost got away with it, but the combination of making him seem totally lost in the world he grew up in and deeming him unable to make any inference about a situation whatsoever just didn't fly. I hope the fully-edited copy fixed some of those exchanges between him and Abigail that were basically just a series of "what does that mean?" , "I'm not telling you," back and forth. I ended up giving it three stars, too.
Lucky78
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucky78.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Lucky78 »

I’m looking forward to reading it, it’s next on my list.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”