Official Review: The Sex Tourist by Olivia Wild

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary22
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: The Maverick's Roundup
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reading Device: B074M12SQ7

Re: Official Review: The Sex Tourist by Olivia Wild

Post by Rosemary22 »

This strictly adults-only book tells the tragic tale of twin sisters Lilian and Vivian who have had a tough upbringing; this leads Lilian into forming unhappy romantic relationships and more abusive situations, including stripping and ultimately prostitution.
About to walk away from her boyfriend and the sex trade she is brutally murdered...in such a fashion that police are uninterested, assuming wrongly that she brought it on herself through her lifestyle choices.
Vivian cannot accept her twin sister's apparent drug addiction or suicide, which leads her to assume her dead sister's role in the underworld of sex for sale, in a bid to flush out and trap the predator.
Will she succeed without ending up in the morgue alongside her twin? And who can she trust to believe her and put the killer - whoever he is - behind bars for good?
You'll have to read Olivia Wild's biographical novel - and prepare to be shocked and enlightened - if you dare!
cherrykarl
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 39">Broken Prince</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 664
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrykarl.html

Post by cherrykarl »

Based on true to life story that involves murder, mystery and suspense. It's an intense read that will open your eyes on sex trade drugs.
Peculiar. Unique. Extraordinairé | Philippians 4:13
Cloe101
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cloe101.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Cloe101 »

The intensity of the life and experiences in the book touched me, I liked the language and your review too.
What you want is 15 Christmases on December 25th, 15 birthdays, 15 years of sleeping next to him and waking up with him
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

Thank you for your thorough review. the sample really got me hooked on to this book. Given that your review also mentioned that there is a murder mystery i think i will read the rest of the book.
dana012
Currently Reading: Endless Forms Most Beautiful
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana012.html
Latest Review: "All Access" by Liberty Kontranowski

Post by dana012 »

Wow! It does sound intense. You did a great job too. I enjoyed reading your review. :D
Latest Review: "All Access" by Liberty Kontranowski
Ljessup
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ljessup.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Ljessup »

Great review! Thank you for your candor involving this book! I picked up my copy, and am now more excited after reading your review to open it up! Well done!
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
k2rugman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k2rugman.html
Latest Review: Rituals of Season by Giovanna Ess

Post by k2rugman »

This might not be one that I would enjoy. But it does sound intense and could be interesting.
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

Good review. Sounds like a hard topic. The crimes that are committed against women are horrible.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: The Sex Tourist', by Olivia Wild is a thorough one and I enjoyed reading it.
Lori Gibson
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lori-gibson.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Lori Gibson »

I am looking forward to reading this!
wendellsue2003
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 8">Finding peace</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by wendellsue2003 »

I am half way through this book and though many turn to prostitution for many reasons, it is rare that you see one that does it because her mom is sick and requires treatment. She is doing it for reasons for her family. The author is trying to give the readers a different view, a different aspect of prostitution. It is a dirty and brutal way to live but many people are doing it for reasons many of us do not understand.
This is proving to be a fantastic read!!!
Excitedreads
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 667">Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows</a>
Currently Reading: Rich Woman
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excitedreads.html
Reading Device: B00J8DL78O

Post by Excitedreads »

I read the prologue and already I'm consumed. That complimented by your in depth review, has me anxious to read this one out. I liked the jumping time frames, i found it intrigued me to read on to find out what happened in the time gap. It's inspirational and enlightening that it's based on a true story. Can't wait to read more.
Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be...
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Thanks for the honest review. I am disturbed by the events that happened in the short life of Lilian Biro, but I am more disturbed by Vivian's choice. The lives of these two sisters are deeply moving.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
michelonline29
Favorite Book: The Eurasians
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelonline29.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by michelonline29 »

Such an intense book to read. I doubt myself if I can read this one though. Congratulations on a well-written review!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

Actually I'm disappointed that this book is not my type. I would not like to read about prostitution or sex scenes. Otherwise thanks for the great review.
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”