Crime, Thrillers, Horror and Mystery Recommendations

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nadyay
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Crime, Thrillers, Horror and Mystery Recommendations

Post by Nadyay »

Hello, I'm new here :). And I looove detectives stories. I actually entered this forum so I could know new authors

Have already read everything from Michael Connolly, Stephen King, Dennis Lehane, Louise Penny, Robert Crais, Marshal Karp, Vince Flynn, Lee Child, Agatha Cristie, Sherlock Holmes AND Mary Russel, Brad Parks, Carol O'Connel, Patricia Cornwell and Tess Gerrinter books.

I always try to read books in order, and I already bought on kindle, due to suggestion in this very topic:
Sue Grafon and the "A" Book
Karen Rose - Don't tell
Spinebender
Kate Brannigan

ANd that's it for now. I didn't read all pages of recommendation YET, but If anyone has the same taste, please give me suggestions :) f
rachellabrum1
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by rachellabrum1 »

Looking for recommendations:

I like reading cozy mysteries, especially if the story is based in California. has anyone read any of Juliette Blackwell's books/series? I'm looking for something along those lines. Thanks.
Shortnsassy49

Post by Shortnsassy49 »

Hi I am Theresa watkins,I haven't read any good books lately.any suggestions
dominika

Post by dominika »

Hello everyone!
I need little help, I really like to read criminals, preferably whole series. I have recently become interested in the work of Camilla Läckberg, but she has a lot of books. I do not know where to start, I was hoping that you would help me choose which book to read first. Any tips? Thanks in advance for reply :techie-studyinggray:
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

The 11:05 murders book is really good and I would recommend it to readers who like to keep guessing until the end.
Samantha_Sumner
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Samantha_Sumner »

This book was very, very slow to start. However... Once it was down into... I couldn't put it down. The author, Lisa Jackson really liked to keep you on the edge of your seat the whole time. I read a lot. Normally I can figure out the ending early in the book. This book..... Total surprise. I highly recommend it.
rik17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rik17.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by rik17 »

Wow ...great to come across this thread! Some great recommendations in my favorite genres!

Bookmarking this thread right now... keep 'em coming! :) :)
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

The books that I can not recommend enough are all books that I just stumbled upon.

The first 3 books I want to mention all have very unique and terrifying serial killers who make their compulsion to kill into an art.

The Sculptor by Sam Markham, a murderer is recreating classical sculptures with the bodies of his victims.

Neuropath by R Scott Banker, a disgraced psychologist starts experimenting on peoples brains.

Perfection by Walter Satterthwait, so unexpected and gripping, a serial killer targets morbidly obese women and carves their bodies to be the perfect shape.

18 Seconds by Sherry Moore is about a psychic who can see the last 18 seconds of a deceased persons memory and she uses this power to solve murders.
Sakilunamermaid

Nadyay wrote: 06 Dec 2017, 19:44 Hello, I'm new here :). And I looove detectives stories. I actually entered this forum so I could know new authors

Have already read everything from Michael Connolly, Stephen King, Dennis Lehane, Louise Penny, Robert Crais, Marshal Karp, Vince Flynn, Lee Child, Agatha Cristie, Sherlock Holmes AND Mary Russel, Brad Parks, Carol O'Connel, Patricia Cornwell and Tess Gerrinter books.

I always try to read books in order, and I already bought on kindle, due to suggestion in this very topic:
Sue Grafon and the "A" Book
Karen Rose - Don't tell
Spinebender
Kate Brannigan

ANd that's it for now. I didn't read all pages of recommendation YET, but If anyone has the same taste, please give me suggestions :) f
I love the alphabet series by Sue Grafton, I was so sad to hear that she passed away and that she only got to Y is for Yesterday.
Sakilunamermaid

I also really enjoy Robin Cook, his John Stapleton character who is a coroner is so good. I was so happy to find his books.
soonerchick

Post by soonerchick »

A nice combination of intrigue, romance, and mystery. I good page turner when you say I will quit at the end of a chapter! About a retired cop who moves cross country to fix his marriage and his family life after a very brutal serial killer case. Belongs held hostage on moving truck, and continues with cop seeing things that aren't there, people who are dead. Good Read!!
Amystl26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amystl26.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Amystl26 »

The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King is some great horror and sci-fi literature. Especially if you like character building. He also references several other books, including his own, throughout the series which was pretty cool. :)
Boo123

Post by Boo123 »

I just finished reading the book Invisible by James Patterson and Oh boy! It was so good. The book and the writer defienatly succeeded in attracting me and I couldn't stop reading. The book talks about ,spoiler : a serial killer who kills people who live alone due to personal problems. Only one person knows that their's in fact a killer but nobody believes her and she has to show that she's not mentally ill by catching the killer. There are some parts that I didn't understand from the first read and I had to think about it, which made me really confused , but in the end it was one of the best books I've ever read. I'll make sure to check the rest of his books.
You 100% need to read that book , trust me you won't be able to drop it for a minute.
ReaderPlus

Post by ReaderPlus »

I recently read Dean Koontz's, The Silent Corner. I must admit that I have long been a fan of Koontz, however, I have not been crazy about all of his work.

This novel was certainly worth reading. He introduces character Jane Hawk, a gutsy former FBI agent, who is on a quest. It is a page-turner and a must-read for those who lean towards conspiracy theories. The technology involved is intriguing and downright scary.

My only criticism would be that it ran a little long, but well worth the time. Looking forward to further adventures of Jane Hawk.
Bonlee9

Post by Bonlee9 »

I just finished The Silent Corner . I enjoyed this novel very much and look forward to the next Jane Hawk I found the plot intriguing and characters interesting with depth and empathy. The conspiracy theory and technology is Dean Koontz at his best.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”