Official Review: Sleep then my Princess by O. N. Stefan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Official Review: Sleep then my Princess by O. N. Stefan

Post by CrescentMoon »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sleep then my Princess" by O. N. Stefan.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sleep then my Princess is a heart-pounding thriller written by O.N. Stefan. It is about a woman named Stephani who is grieving the loss of her husband and comatose son due to a car accident. She works as a senior tissue engineer, but has to move away when the building burns down. She packs up her life, and moves to Arizona hoping for a fresh start. Unfortunately, her life takes a turn for the worse.

Stephani gets strange phone calls from a man saying that an evil man is watching her. She receives creepy love poems, candid photos of herself with her family, and roses in unexpected places. She notices missing clothes from her apartment and is worried that her stalker is able to access her apartment at any time. As if that isn’t bad enough, she keeps having intense visions about a child being locked up inside a chicken coop. She does not know if she is hallucinating or going crazy.

The creepy incidences keep piling up. She tries telling the cops, but they don’t take her claims seriously and think she is just out for attention. Frustrated, she tries to gather more evidence that she is not lying. However, before she can convince the cops that she is serious about having a stalker and not faking her story, she gets kidnapped. Can she make it out alive?

This is a very interesting novel. Thinking about having a stalker who follows you around and tries to harm you and own you is scary enough on its own, but the author does a great job in conveying Stephani’s horror, fear, and paranoia. You really feel for Stephani as she tries to get over the death of her husband and cope with her son being in a coma, while dealing with a stalker and not knowing who she can trust. There are quite a few creepy and scary moments that made me scared to sleep at night.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. This was an excellent read. There were plenty of twists and turns that I never saw coming. It was really hard to put this book down because I wanted to know how Stephani was going to get out of the horrible predicament she was in. I could feel all the emotions Stephani was feeling along with her, such as the disgust, the paranoia, the fear, and the anger. The reason I could not give this book a full 4 stars was because there were quite a few editing issues. Sometimes, quotation marks were used in unnecessary places even though the same person was speaking, so it was hard to know who was saying what. Pronouns were also added in areas that were not needed. The errors were not too distracting, but they were definitely noticeable and sometimes interrupted the flow of the writing.

Overall, this is an excellent read and can be even better once the errors are cleared up. I highly recommend this book to people who love suspense, mystery, and crime. This book takes you on an emotional roller-coaster in all the right ways for this type of genre. This is a must-read for thriller lovers.

Sleep then my Princess
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like CrescentMoon's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
bluemel4
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower, Books 1-3
Bookshelf Size: 466
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluemel4.html
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by bluemel4 »

Great review! It sounds like an intense psychological thriller. The cover art is also intriguing.
"Life is a journey, not a destination" --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
CrescentMoon

Post by CrescentMoon »

bluemel4 wrote:Great review! It sounds like an intense psychological thriller. The cover art is also intriguing.
Thank you bluemel4! This was definitely an intense story. I like the cover too :)
Kia
Currently Reading: Damaged Goods
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kia.html
Latest Review: Wheel of Katarnum by James Calliotte
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kia »

Certainly not my kind of book, but I can see whyou people would like it. Great job on the review and congratulations to the author.
"Yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it, or learn from it."- Rafiki
CrescentMoon

Post by CrescentMoon »

Kia wrote:Certainly not my kind of book, but I can see whyou people would like it. Great job on the review and congratulations to the author.
Thank you Kia. This book is definitely not for everyone but it is enjoyable for those that like this genre.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Great review! This definitely sounds very creepy, especially with the stalked aspect since this is a very realistic concept. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the book despite the need for extra editing. :)
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
CrescentMoon

Post by CrescentMoon »

hsimone wrote:Great review! This definitely sounds very creepy, especially with the stalked aspect since this is a very realistic concept. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the book despite the need for extra editing. :)
Thank you hsimone! This book definitely had a creepy vibe, very fitting of the genre :)
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

OK, I am a little freaked out by the creepy cover with the hand! :) Nice, balanced review for what seems like an interesting book. I can relate to your comments about the quotation mark errors. I noticed the same type of error in two review books I've read in the past few months. Either there were too many quotation marks, not enough, or in the wrong place. It was annoying because I found it hard to tell who was speaking or if the sentences were dialogue or not. Very distracting!
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
CrescentMoon

Post by CrescentMoon »

bookowlie wrote:OK, I am a little freaked out by the creepy cover with the hand! :) Nice, balanced review for what seems like an interesting book. I can relate to your comments about the quotation mark errors. I noticed the same type of error in two review books I've read in the past few months. Either there were too many quotation marks, not enough, or in the wrong place. It was annoying because I found it hard to tell who was speaking or if the sentences were dialogue or not. Very distracting!
Thank you bookowlie. Haha yeah the cover definitely gives justice to the whole creepy vibe of the book. And yeah the quotation mark errors were frustrating at times because they were used in the wrong places so it was hard to tell when one person stopped speaking and another person started speaking.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I am probably in the minority - I am sure most people would love the creepy cover. :)
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
CrescentMoon

Post by CrescentMoon »

bookowlie wrote:I am probably in the minority - I am sure most people would love the creepy cover. :)
Haha yeah. I definitely think the cover is very fitting for the story :)
ashnance
Currently Reading: The Secret History
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashnance.html

Post by ashnance »

Great review! I'm already dying to know who the stalker is and why (s)he is stalking Stephani. I'll have to add this to my list - but maybe only read it during the day haha! You've definitely made it sound rather chilling.
CrescentMoon

Post by CrescentMoon »

ashnance wrote:Great review! I'm already dying to know who the stalker is and why (s)he is stalking Stephani. I'll have to add this to my list - but maybe only read it during the day haha! You've definitely made it sound rather chilling.
Thank you for the kind words ashnance! This book was definitely one that I could only read during the day haha :)
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Interesting premise! A stalker, visions, and a creepy atmosphere? Sounds exciting. Too bad about the editing issue.

Great job on the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
jamesabr
Currently Reading: The Gulf
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamesabr.html
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by jamesabr »

This is a very interesting novel. Thinking about having a stalker who follows you around and tries to harm you and own you is scary enough on its own, but the author does a great job in conveying Stephani’s horror, fear, and paranoia. You really feel for Stephani as she tries to get over the death of her husband and cope with her son being in a coma, while dealing with a stalker and not knowing who she can trust. There are quite a few creepy and scary moments that made me scared to sleep at night.
Very informative review. I was deciding between whether or not to read this book based on what I could glean from the sample I read on Amazon. If Stephani's fear is conveyed well, however, then it will definitely be worth reading. Thanks for helping me make up my mind.

:tiphat:
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”