Official Review: The Shape of Rain by Nick Hirst

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
vortex189
Currently Reading: Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion #1)
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vortex189.html
Latest Review: "The Shape of Rain" by Nick Hirst

Official Review: The Shape of Rain by Nick Hirst

Post by vortex189 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Shape of Rain" by Nick Hirst.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Shape of Rain by Nick Hirst is a conspiracy, fiction novel. I read the kindle version but the print version has 392 pages. This novel has such an immersive world filled with many minute details. Reading this novel I felt as if I was there right along side of Jack as he is emerged into this dark world of government conspiracies. During Jack's escapades he is taken to many foreign lands such as Czech Republic, Saudi Arabia, and Bahrain. The details that center around these foreign countries and their customs are completely accurate which makes the novel have such an authentic feel to it. The Shape of Rain is on par with other conspiracy novels I have read such as Angels and Demons and Da Vinci Code both written by Dan Brown.

The story centers around Jack Conrad, an English music journalist, and his mission to decipher the secrets behind a thirty year old song. As Jack digs deeper into the mysterious song there are attempts on his life and the key witnesses to what is happening are all being killed around him. Will Jack uncover the truth behind the song and the Moonstone Initiative?

Nick Hirst did an amazing job in capturing the feelings and environment of all the characters. Each character has a well-developed back story which helped to understand how they got to where they are. Every detail has been thoroughly looked into from the details of popular tourist attractions to the customs of each foreign country mentioned in the novel. I did some research into the background of the author and he was a prominent BBC producer with a history of television and radio presentation. Also, he has many bits in magazines from interviewing popular rock bands.

I really enjoyed this novel. It was a nice break from the dystopian books I have been reading. This is the best novel I have read in 2015 and the first going into 2016. I know this will stick with me for a long time. This is Nick Hirst first novel and I look forward to reading more from this author.

I would rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. From the beginning to end this novels makes you think. Everything is well written and has an excellent pace. It has great action scenes without over doing it and also nice breaks to sit back and relax.

The Shape of Rain
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like vortex189's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "The Shape of Rain" by Nick Hirst

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”