Those Girls by Chevy Stevens

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Parkerosborne
Currently Reading: Hold Still
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-parkerosborne.html
Reading Device: iPad

Those Girls by Chevy Stevens

Post by Parkerosborne »

I got this book because of Chevy's 'Still missing.' The book opens with the brutal beating from the girls' father.... And sadly it wasn't even close to being the worst thing that happens to them. This story had me holding my breath, anxious and filled with anxiety for "those girls". It's a sad,violent story that had me holding back tears, but it was one of the best page turning books because I wanted to hurry up and get to the end to see if the girls make it out.

After two super great page turning books by Chevy I AM A HUGE FAN and have already purchased her others to read! Keep these books coming Chevy!
ZoeyS
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zoeys.html

Post by ZoeyS »

I really enjoy Chevy Stevens books, she is an excellent thriller writer. Her characters feel real, and she deals well weaving family drama into her mysteries. Those Girls was a page turner from the first page, I found myself holding my breath as the sisters made their escape from an abusive father, and as their poor choices piled up the tension built steadily. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for an easy read filled with suspense.
Lorirainbowbright
Favorite Book: An Ember in the Ashes
Currently Reading: Burning Midnight
Bookshelf Size: 249
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorirainbowbright.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Lorirainbowbright »

I started reading the book and it was just too depression for me, so I had to put it down and read something else. I might go back and try to read it again maybe when things for me start not being so crazy in my life.
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

Total ugliness at such a young age, some over come darkness while others remain stuck. Severe craziness rears it ugly head yet again, but this time the sisters are set free via a tragedy. Great book, and I appreciate the author's restraint in describing rape and sexual abuse.
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~
Booknerd222
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Booknerd222 »

This book was so heartbreaking and hard to read at some parts but I loved it.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”