Review of Luke Ten Nineteen: Duty Calls

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Medina Fedrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medina-fedrick.html
Latest Review: Across the Kentucky Color Line by Lee Durham Stone

Review of Luke Ten Nineteen: Duty Calls

Post by Medina Fedrick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Luke Ten Nineteen: Duty Calls" by J. A. Segura.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The saying, "To err is human, to forgive is divine," speaks volumes about how difficult it is for humans to forgive. The ability to forgive is not in our power but comes from the Almighty God. Would you be willing to forgive a man who took the life of your mother before you could even see her? This was the predicament of Special Agent Aragon. She never saw her mother; she only had pictures, her possessions, and a videotape as memories of her. 

Dennis Weise, a serial killer who had taken the lives of twenty-four women, killed Rosalina De Filla, the Spanish female dancer who was Special Agent Aragon's mother. Magdalena, also known as Special Agent Aragon, guides Dennis to salvation and also does research for the BAU on the life of this serial killer. She discovers so many eye-opening and daunting details about his past as God leads and guides her on every step. This information also gives her insight into the underlying satanic activities going on under their noses. With divine direction, her discoveries lead her to a secluded mountain area in Mariposa, where God reveals His plans to her bit by bit. Follow Magdalena in Luke Ten Nineteen: Duty Calls by J. A. Segura as she uncovers the truth and dissipates the evil workings of the occult kingdom.

This book was an eye-opener for me; it rekindled my spiritual life. I yearned for what Magdalena had with God as I read this book. The second book in the trilogy, Luke Ten Nineteen: Duty Calls, had a fascinating plot, and the chapters were structured in a way that made it easy to navigate through the pages of this book. I also appreciate the descriptive style; the author narrates the story with very clear descriptions, eluding any form of confusion. I like that the author included Bible verses in some portions of this book; it broadened my knowledge, although I had to confirm the veracity of the included Bible verses.

I disliked the way that a character was referred to by more than one name; it made the book confusing. Magdalena, for example, was referred to as Mija, Hija, Aragon, Magdalena, and Nena. This happened not only with Magdalena but with other characters too, including her grandfather, Manito. The author's abrupt introduction of new characters also added to the confusion; characters were introduced irregularly and abruptly.

Overall, I would rate this book four out of five stars because of the aforementioned dislikes and the number of errors that I spotted while reading; I would suggest another round of editing. People who don't find the subject of Satanists and satanic activities disturbing would enjoy this book. Christians should also read this book, in my opinion, as it is an eye-opener into some of the workings of the dark kingdom and will make them better equipped for spiritual warfare.

Luke Ten Nineteen: Duty Calls
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

Special Agent Aragon had the favor of God upon her life. Forgiving a person who took the life of your mother cannot be easy. But through God who strengthens us, she was able to forgive.
JkReviewer17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-najibullah-qanit.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by JkReviewer17 »

for us humans forgiving somone for what they did isnt easy!
And special agent Aragon's story shows that it is possible!
John Kingsley Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-kingsley-ken.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by John Kingsley Ken »

Forgiveness is one of the fruits of the spirit and it can only be gifted to man by God. Forgiving can be a very difficult task in some cases but is made easy by divine assistance. Nice review.
Gee Mbora
Currently Reading: Amora
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gee-mbora.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Gee Mbora »

Wow. Interesting review. I am adding to my shelf right away. Aragon must be a strong character. I am intrigued about how she will be able to cope with the truth About Dennis. Forgiveness indeed is gold not so many have

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”