Official Review: Beauty of The Beast by Viktoria Faust

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lmmallia
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmmallia.html
Latest Review: "Stone of Destiny" by Mary L. Ball
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: Beauty of The Beast by Viktoria Faust

Post by lmmallia »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Beauty of The Beast" by Viktoria Faust.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I love horror stories. I especially love horror stories about vampires. And by vampires I mean the type of vampires that illicit fear and terror in their victims. I was very happy to discover, ‘Beauty of The Beast’, by Viktoria Faust is ‘that kind’ of story. This is not your modern day love story of a misunderstood vampire looking for redemption with the naïve, innocent heroine. The vampires in this novel remind me of Anne Rice’s type of vampire and I mean that in the best way possible.

This book is set in the early 90’s in Croatia. The main character, Viktoria is a painter who is aimlessly plodding through life feeling as if something is missing. One day she encounters a vampire named Christopher who she is irresistibly drawn to. Christopher finds her intriguing and slowly draws her to him and his kind by enticing her with the tale of how he and his companion came to be vampires. Through her encounters with Christopher Viktoria learns of another vampire; Damian.

Viktoria becomes quickly connected to Damian in a way she cannot explain. To Damian, she becomes a precious possession who he leads further and further into his dark world. Viktoria begins to unravel the mysteries of who Damian is and where he came from. Viktoria begins to drops further and further out of her human life and begins to sever all attachments to the family and friends she once knew. What will happen to her? Will Viktoria stay human or will she ultimately turn into a vampire as well?

Overall, I really enjoyed Beauty of The Beast. I felt the story was well written and it kept me interested and guessing as to what was going to happen next the entire way through. The book does contain grammatical errors as well as misspellings. I noticed the author is from Croatia so I wonder if some of the grammatical errors were related to the translation to English. I did not feel these errors took away from the story of the book but it could use some additional editing to address those issues.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves vampires and horror stories that are more traditional in style when compared to some of the modern vampire-based novels in mainstream circulation today. This is a dark, gritty novel that will keep the reader wondering what will come next from the first page to the last.

Beauty of The Beast
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like lmmallia's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Stone of Destiny" by Mary L. Ball
Viktoria Faust
Bookshelf Size: 0
Publishing Contest Votes: 323

Post by Viktoria Faust »

Thank you, soooooo much, for great review!
bluemel4
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower, Books 1-3
Bookshelf Size: 460
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluemel4.html
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by bluemel4 »

This book sounds right up my alley! I am adding it to my to-read list. Thank you for the review. :D
"Life is a journey, not a destination" --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
hsimone
Currently Reading: One Salt Sea
Bookshelf Size: 495
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hsimone.html
Latest Review: You & Me & Allergies by Shelly Orloff
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by hsimone »

Beauty and the Beast sounds very interesting and suspenseful! Definitely will give it a try! Thanks for your review!
She/Her/Hers

"Sons are the anchors of a mother's life." – Sophocles

"Love is patient, love is kind." - 1 Corinthians 13:4
Tanaya
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanaya.html
Latest Review: Beans...Finding My Way Home by Debi Brown
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Tanaya »

Sounds really compelling. Awesome review!
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Unnatural Causes
Bookshelf Size: 2224
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 58%

Post by gali »

Nice review! Sounds intriguing, though horror books aren't my cup of tea. 8)
She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
TheRVMom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thervmom.html
Latest Review: Undead Redhead by Jen Frankel

Post by TheRVMom »

Nice review! I love the "Anne Rice's type of vampire" comment. I'll have to check out this book just because you had me at Anne Rice. LOL!!!
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

I live for vampire novels. It gets very dull and annoying when all of the vampires are emo and all the leading ladies are younger than 20. Glad that this isn't a vampire diaries or twilight clone. I will be checking this one out!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”