Official Review: Free Fish Friday by Lee Stone

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Honey Bee
Currently Reading: For the Love of Suzanne
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reading Device: B01M0UP4KT

Re: Official Review: Free Fish Friday by Lee Stone

Post by Honey Bee »

I made the mistake of starting this book before I started my workout and ended up putting off my workout for two hours ☺ I had to re-read the beginning a couple of times but once I got wrapped in it I could not put it down. I can't wait to see what takes place ...it also makes me wanna try my hand at fishing

-- 20 Jun 2017, 21:58 --

I made the mistake of starting this book before I started my workout and ended up putting off my workout for two hours ☺ I had to re-read the beginning a couple of times but once I got wrapped in it I could not put it down. I can't wait to see what takes place ...it also makes me wanna try my hand at fishing
Rachaelamb1
Favorite Author: CS Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... onwitch</a>
Currently Reading: Falling Star
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelamb1.html
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

Sounds like it has a lot of great points. I love quirky characters. Shame about the typos, though, I have a hard time overlooking things like that.
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco
BookishBookkeeping
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Currently Reading: Atlas Shrugged
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishbookkeeping.html
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by BookishBookkeeping »

Wow, this review seemed just like the first few pages of the book. Gets you hooked and reeled in. I like eccentric main characters who are reminiscent of Sherlock Holmes.
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
michelonline29
Favorite Book: The Eurasians
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelonline29.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by michelonline29 »

Great review! Mystery novels are very enthralling. I wonder how would Slacker solved the death of his friend.
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Karen88
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 52

Post by Karen88 »

For me this book exemplifies the phrase: Don't judge the by book it's cover. I first assumed that this book is not a fictional book. But thank God for my interest in fishing and the review. I was surprised and happy to have found out that the book is a mystery novel. Now, I can't wait to read it. ^^
Diah
Currently Reading: One Night for Love
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reading Device: B01M0JCU9B

Post by Diah »

Great review :!: its very intriguing how you describe the Slacker's story. From a carefree tavern manager and loving fisherman to become a suspect in his friend's murder case. What make me curios is the motive of the crime since Slacker and his friend seems to get along together :?: :?: :?:
So many questions I would like to ask:
What is the motive?
Why Slacker become a suspect?
Who is the real murderer?
Where does the crime take place?
How does it happened?
These questions made me want to read this book and find how the author solve the case... :eusa-think:
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Post by Kdonegan91 »

Great review! This book hits home for me because my husband and my sons love fishing. I am going to read the sample right away!
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

The title of this book immediately caught my interest. The plot sounds great for fans of mystery although I'm not quite sure it's for me since you mentioned it's a little slow paced. Great job on the review!
Zero
Currently Reading: Wings of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by Zero »

A very brieeeef review! Its good that the author is excellent at developing the characters and plots. Also, I love to read mystery novels, so will give it a try.
Thanks for the review @gali.
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. -Albert Einstein
Texas_Jazz2016
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 7394">Into the Fire</a>
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-texas-jazz2016.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by Texas_Jazz2016 »

Thanks for a great review. I found the sample a very likable story. I wasn't sure at first since I am not an avid fisherman, but I found the story grabbing my attention and keeping it. My want to read list is getting way to long, but I will have to add this one.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one. George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dhwanis »

I have read a lot of mysteries, but this feels different. As the protagonist is invested in the murder, I feel it would give an edge to the plot.
EHUMADU
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by EHUMADU »

A well researched narrative on life at sea,especially in the area of marine nomenclature such as mackerel,Cobia, wahoo etc one can almost feel the setting in the mind . A great job.
Wycliff
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Wycliff »

Wow, it's a good and great book indeed, I'm glad have enjoyed it so much. The author sounds really talented at character naturing. I tend to not like flawed characters myself, but I can see how well this book handled that conflict. I can definitely see the potential for future books with possible love interests for the hero
Nyawera Gikaru
Currently Reading: The Worst Pet Peeve Ever
Bookshelf Size: 184

Post by Nyawera Gikaru »

Interesting book, the mystery is how Slacker would solve the death of his best friend makes it more interesting as he was just a fisherman.
May-an Tinangag
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by May-an Tinangag »

Great review! I enjoyed reading it. It is true that most people want freedom just like the character in the story that he wants unlimited freedom. By doing the things that we want, we can satisfy our feelings although I believe that if you love what you are doing, the outcome will be great.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”