Review of Final Act

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mikeray
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mikeray.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Final Act

Post by mikeray »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Act" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Final Act by Van Fleisher is a scientific mystery novel that delves into the fascinating world of advanced technology and the unintended consequences that follow. The story revolves around Vijay Patel, the inventor of a highly advanced fitness watch, the VT2, that can predict the wearer's impending death in just a few days.

Vijay's unique invention allows the wearer to act on their final wishes before their time runs out. However, the technology produces an unexpected downside, which involves the owners of the watch, who also happen to be gun owners, being associated with trending violence. To atone for the unintended consequence of his creation, Vijay collaborates with the FBI to prevent further harm. As the story progresses, Vijay updates his invention with data from previous VT2-related shooting incidents to help law enforcement intercept the murders. With the upcoming presidential election, public safety and national security become paramount concerns, and the protection of the candidates and high-profile politicians becomes the main priority. However, a new shooting pattern emerges, and the murders seem motiveless, with no apparent connection to their targets. The book follows the investigation of these murders by the FBI, with the help of Vijay and his advanced technology.

Final Act is not just another book; it's a journey through a world of complexities, where societal issues are not black and white and the lines between good and evil blur. What I love most about this masterpiece is how it leads me down a path of critical thinking and reflection, making me question my beliefs and values. I also like the characters, their growth, and their transformations throughout the book; it indeed captivated my attention and kept me hooked from page one until the final page. I also appreciate the author's use of simple language and a conversational tone, which make the book easy to comprehend, and the fusion of science and mystery. I found myself completely engrossed in the investigation of a series of crimes as I eagerly turned each page, trying to decipher the clues and solve the puzzles alongside the characters, resulting in a highly entertaining and engaging experience.

I must say that the editing of this novel is exceptional. As I read through the novel, I did not encounter any typographical or grammatical errors, and the novel flowed smoothly. What I like the least about Final Act is that the ending felt rushed and left some loose ends, which left me feeling a bit unsatisfied.

I recommend this novel to science fiction readers interested in exploring the implications of technology, gun culture, and political tensions in society. I give Final Act a rating of 5 out of 5 stars for its captivating plot, diverse and relatable characters, and ability to initiate critical thinking, which outweighs what I like least about it.

Final Act
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

In Final Act, Van Fleisher delivers a pulse-pounding narrative that seamlessly merges the thrill of a gripping suspense with the awe-inspiring world of science and technological innovation.
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

In Final Act, Van Fleisher delivers a pulse-pounding narrative that seamlessly merges the thrill of a gripping suspense with the awe-inspiring world of science and technological innovation.
Emeka Anderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-anderson.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emeka Anderson »

The book's examination of the consequences of power serves as a cautionary tale about the potential for corruption.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”