Review of Final Act

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ajibola Gabriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajibola-gabriel.html
Latest Review: The Vitality System by Kyle Gonzalez

Review of Final Act

Post by Ajibola Gabriel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Act" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Van Fleisher’s Final Act is a fictional book that explores the scientific possibility of a developed VitalTech wristwatch that accurately predicts the end of the wearer’s life. Although his intention was to enable wearers to take advantage of this foreknowledge to make necessary amends to their lives and those of their loved ones before dying, Vijay Patel fails to account for other humans' basic instincts, emotions, and motives. Fueled by revenge and anger at her circumstances and armed with the knowledge of impending death, Mildred, a wearer, commits multiple murders at a slight provocation. This, amongst others, causes Vijay to work with FBI agent Zoe and his good friend Alek to find a way to put an end to the unforeseen negative impact of the Final Notice from VitalTech’s wristwatch.

The book points out the variety of the psychological dispositions of people and subtly reflects how people’s experiences have affected how they project values and emotions toward reality. Hence, what is a credible piece of innovation can easily be weaponized in the wrong hands. I find the book quite interesting as it borders on technological feats and their immense possibilities. I also like that Vijay Patel was critically concerned about the impact of his innovation on the human rationale, and the innovator was not made aloof from the story as a glorified wealthy man who only cared about how much he had in the bank. The author has an amazing way with words that leaves one thrilled and well-carried along in the reality he projects via his writing. The plot was great!

Unlike many books that become mind-numbing in their attempt to justify their fictional reality, Final Act was well told and adjusted to fit the mind’s ability to journey along storylines. There was nothing I did not like about this book. The characters are well-defined, and their stories are well-told so that clarity is retained.

I will rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. There were no structurally diagnosed errors to capitalize on, so the book was exceptionally well edited. The story had a great trend, the author’s imagination was top-notch and well-justified, and I see no explicitly valid reason to remove a star from this fantastic work of art.

I would recommend this book to those who are curious, imaginative and love an innovative approach to life and ideation. It is a good fiction novel and would definitely be a thriller for those who love crime and sci-fi stories.

Final Act
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ben Madeley
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

I've seen reviews of this novel around and it sounds like a really interesting book to me that could be my style. Great review.
Precious Son
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-son.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Precious Son »

The character development in Final Act is exceptional. Each character feels fully realized, with their own unique voice and motivations, adding layers of complexity to the story. I enjoyed reading this review keep it up.
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

Prepare to be captivated by Van Fleisher's Final Act, a riveting tale that seamlessly blends the heart-pounding excitement of a thriller with the mind-bending possibilities of science and technological innovation.
Emeka Anderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-anderson.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emeka Anderson »

Readers will find themselves questioning their own beliefs and biases as they navigate the story's moral complexities.
Onyeka Dibor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeka-dibor.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Onyeka Dibor »

The VT2 watch's impact on crime rates becomes a driving force in "Final Act."

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”