Review of Baby Love

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Blessing Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-odii.html
Latest Review: The Proximity of Stars by Benedict Stuart

Review of Baby Love

Post by Blessing Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Baby Love" by Ronald Argo.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Baby Love, written by Ronald Argo, "an award-winning newspaper reporter," will have you spellbound. As a reporter, Myers has been without a story for some time. He decided to bring the infant trafficking case to life. In an attempt to write a competent story, he had to get into personal investigations. He would go beyond his typical efforts because of this, as it almost cost him his life. 

Maggie Frazier was the best in their syndicate. She offers smuggled infants for sale to prospective adoptive parents. Her boss, Earl Warren Swabb, prepares the adoption paperwork. She goes by the name Sylvia Fischer in the course of her job. Maggie had dreamed of opening her own Casa Libre, an orphanage home she had fantasized about. Her dreams were about to become a reality. She was so close to getting her Casa Libre. Meanwhile, Earl Swabb, Maggie's boss, had suspected foul play when some babies went missing during the baby's smuggling through Mexico. There were three girls and a boy. Things would go worse for Maggie when Earl Swabb reported her to Richard Mendez. In order to retrieve the money from Maggie and kill her, Mendez has now dispatched Bubba, "Agent Cousins of the U.S. Border Patrol," to carry out this task. Nevertheless, what happens when Bubba becomes enthralled by Maggie's aura?

Will Maggie succeed in her quest to build her Casa Libre before she is cut up? Will Myers be able to successfully craft a plot from this entire farce? You will want to savour this book.

The book beautifully evolves from chapter to chapter. While reading, a fleeting diversion could send you back to the beginning of that chapter. This novel really holds your attention. The book title came out to be the most intriguing thing about this book. From all perspectives, the book speaks of the title in the most dynamic way. I had no idea how much the author had compromised himself to produce such a lovely piece of fiction.

This book addressed a different quandary in the modern world where babies are trafficked across borders for sale. This is the height of mutiny and has reached the peak of the government authorities coming to the aid of these exported babies. This book depicts the acts of child trafficking in the world. Also, I think it will raise awareness of the government's swift responses.

The reader must read with an open mind to digest the proficiency of this fascinating tale. I reckon that the storyline, which was amply factual, and the choice of words used by the author were intentional to make this book reserved for just the brilliant minds and lovers of great literature.

Each chapter is dedicated to a particular scene, and every character is linked to a special event. This book differs in so many ways. For instance, each character initially played a distinct function in the tale, but the later part of the book brought almost all the characters together. This is one great feature of this book. Also, in the book, I understood Myers' love for his job as a reporter and Maggie's affinity for children. 

I found absolutely nothing displeasing about this book. The book seems professionally edited. There were only a few errors. Baby Love by Ronald Argo deserves a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I'll suggest this book to anyone who appreciates superb prose, as well as anyone who wants to read about child trafficking. 

Baby Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Michael Valentine
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-valentine.html
Latest Review: Diotima by Bernard Kuckuck

Post by Michael Valentine »

I wonder how the story ends. I would definitely love to read this. Thank you for your review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It is strange to me that Maggie can, at the same time, be a master in the baby smuggling syndicate and want to help babies by opening her own orphanage.
Ash Subra
Favorite Book: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ash-subra.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Ash Subra »

The author address very import issue. The review was great. I would love to know more about Maggie.
Favour Ugwu Chidinma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favyugwu.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Favour Ugwu Chidinma »

Child trafficking has been a major concerns for most writers and I admire that. Nice review!
Ngozi Vivian
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ngozi Vivian »

It's difficult to understand the notion behind the will to opening an orphanage and trafficking children. This seems like an enthralling story, can't wait to savour it and know how it ends. Great job!!!
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

One of the problems we are facing in our society today. This is a well detailed review, well done.
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

An interesting review. "Will Maggie succeed in her quest to build her Casa Libre before she is cut up?" This book calls for reading in other to answer the question raised. Thanks for the review
Heathermarieh623
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Heathermarieh623 »

I wonder what happens to these children 🤔 the three girls and little boy? Does Maggie know that Sylvia is suspicious of her or that she is going higher up? How do you make this kind of paperwork "official "? 🤔 Thank you for this amazing review! It already has gripped me and I'll be reading it tonight.
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

This is an amazing review and I'll check this book out.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I wonder about Maggie's motives considering that selling children to people who want to adopt isn't the best approach to help children in need. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Desola Orimoloye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dessyyyy.html
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer

Post by Desola Orimoloye »

It is disheartening to read about how people like Maggie Frazier exploit vulnerable children for their own personal gain. The fact that she had dreams of opening an orphanage while simultaneously being involved in child trafficking is unsettling.
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”