Review of Unyielding Destiny

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Review of Unyielding Destiny

Post by Alex Reeves »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Unyielding Destiny" by Spiros Gratsias (author of Unyielding Destiny).]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Unyielding Destiny by Spiros Gratsias (author of Unyielding Destiny) is a Godfather-style Mafia novel that introduces young Frank Morris, an orphaned boy who is adopted by Don Cabineri, the head of a powerful crime family in New York City. Trained to be the future Don of the Cabineri crime family, Frank poses a great threat to the members of other crime families across the state. Searching for a meaningful destiny, Frank goes on to join the United States Army to fight off North Korean forces in Seoul. While warding off enemy forces in battle, he is saved by his captain, Lieutenant Roy Easten, who loses his life for his team after a bomb is thrown directly at them. Frank carries this heroic deed in his heart, and the guilt from Roy's death saddens him deeply. Fast-forward to thirty years later, and after numerous prison sentences and other escapades, Frank succeeds Don Cabineri as the head of the family. The law catches up with the Mafia, and Frank is confronted by a gang member who betrays the trust of the mob. On the other hand, Scott Easten is a dedicated lawyer whose mission is to uproot crime syndicate families from New York, and as a result of this, he is at the top of the Mafia's hit list. Frank realizes that Scott, who is the assistant district attorney presiding over the case against Frank's family, is the son of Roy Easten, the soldier who saved his life back in Seoul. With this realization, Frank is torn between devotion to duty and saving the son of the one who gave his life for him. Check out this fast-paced thriller to find out what his decision is and, of course, the cost of his actions.

Sincerely speaking, this unique Godfather-style novel brought a different meaning of resolve and trust to my mind. Frank and the other gang members swore an oath of silence to the mob, and this unbreakable code united them in ways unforeseen. This book was action-packed and full of suspense, as the gangster shootings and mob fights brought deep excitement to my senses. I was thrilled by all the actions that this book contains, and this puts it on my list of favorites. Another aspect of this book that interested me was the way the author inserted beautiful Italian phrases that touched me deeply, regardless of the messages they conveyed. I was intrigued by these phrases and their meanings, as I have a positive inclination towards anything Italian, particularly their language. Finally, the author sometimes included quotes from distinguished philosophers like Marcus Aurelius in the book, and this factor was of great interest to me.

After reading this book, I decided to start reading more gangster books, as it has become my favorite genre. Sincerely speaking, I found nothing negative about this book, as I enjoyed everything about it, spanning from the buildup of tension at the beginning to the mob fights at the end. I'll certainly advise any friend of mine to get a copy of this book.

This book was exceptionally well edited, as I found no errors in it. All said and done, I rate this exceptional read a well-deserved 5 out of 5 stars. This book brought about a whole new meaning of bonds and oaths within crime families, as even though they are killers and robbers, they are only victims of circumstances and are forced to do what they do for survival. This, of course, is specifically from my standpoint.

In conclusion, I would appropriately recommend this fast-paced thriller to lovers of Mafia and gangster novels. Do note that this book is not for the weak-hearted, as it contains high-level profanity and bloody shootout scenes. However, if you're in for an action-packed, Mafia-themed novel that'll keep you on your toes, this is the right book for you. Do not hesitate to get your copy.

Unyielding Destiny
View: on Bookshelves
“Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted to bear.”
Marcus Aurelius :tiphat:
Joshua Kameta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cam-joshua.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Joshua Kameta »

I haven't read crime-related novels for quite sometime now. However, I a bit interested in Unyielding Destiny, and would like to read it someday.
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Alex Reeves »

I tell you that your interest lies in the right direction. This book was an absolute delight to read. Thanks for stopping by to comment. Have a great week.
“Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted to bear.”
Marcus Aurelius :tiphat:

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”