Official Review: Wolf Born by N. Gosney

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
stacihunsinger
Currently Reading: Defending Jacob
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacihunsinger.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: 1400698987

Official Review: Wolf Born by N. Gosney

Post by stacihunsinger »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wolf Born" by N. Gosney.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wolf Born by N. Gosney was a story about a young girl named Carly and her journey on not only becoming a werewolf, but how to survive being one. With her boyfriend missing, strange hallucinations she has no control over, and a handsome stranger standing at her door, Carly must learn what she is and how to control it quickly, or die.

Wolf Born is considered a Fiction book in the category of Crime, thriller, mystery books and I was very excited to read a different take on a subject that I love. As a fan of anything dealing with the paranormal, this book seemed right up my alley. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed. I really did not like this book at all, which was upsetting.

For starters, I had a very hard time just getting started with it. The beginning seemed very slow and at times all over the place. I had a hard time following the author’s train of thought. It seemed that the story jumped from one topic to the next. I guess this was how the author wanted to portray Carly’s hallucinations, and how she was viewing this new world around her, but for a reader it made it very hard to follow.

As the story progressed, and you got to get more of an idea of just how dangerous Carly’s new life was and how hard her and the pack had to work to keep alive. You could see that things are not what they seem. The hunters search for the Wolf Born puts everyone in danger and the skinwalkers become more of a threat.

Despite all that is going on, Carly now faces the terrifying visions through the eyes of her pack mates, not knowing if what she is dreaming is real or not. She also cannot deny the ongoing, growing feelings that she has for Kyle, the handsome stranger helping her adjust to her new life.

Overall, I gave this book 2 out of 4 stars. I had a very hard time finishing this book and more than once considered not finishing it at all. As I had mentioned, getting into this story was not an easy one and I found that on more than one occasion that I could not follow the author’s train of thought. The ending left me with more questions than answers as to what happened and where to go next.

Wolf Born
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Barnes and Noble | Hassle-Free Sample

Like stacihunsinger's review? Post a comment saying so!
NGosney
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by NGosney »

Thank you for reading and reviewing Wolf Born. It's a shame it wasn't your cup of tea. I guess everyone has different tastes. It's actually the first book of a four book series, so in terms of the ending, yes the story does continue. That was just the end of the first main arc.

Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to review it, even though it wasn't quite what you were expecting.

Kind regards

N. Gosney
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: Death at the Salon
Bookshelf Size: 400
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Nice review. The plot sounds interesting. I think it's tricky to write about a character's hallucinations.

I applaud the author for being gracious and professional in receiving an honest review.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Jesska6029
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Harry Potter series
Currently Reading: It and Mr. Mercedes
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesska6029.html
Latest Review: "Texaners: Eight Short Stories" by T. F. Rhoden
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Jesska6029 »

It's always hard to get into a book when certain aspects are hard to follow. Very nice honest review.
“Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all—in which case, you fail by default.” ~J.K. Rowling
Latest Review: "Texaners: Eight Short Stories" by T. F. Rhoden

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”